Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.47.32 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.47.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.47.35 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 150
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.47.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 12.47.37 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 158
I thought sure he would get a conviction for something. I am glad he did not. I just hope he learned something here.
While he made not have done anything illegal, I think he should have stayed home that day. I would bet he does too.

Thank God the jury was strong and listened to evidence instead of the radical left. I hope he sues the living hell out of the media and a bunch of politicians for defamation of character and wins big like Sandman!

I think that a conviction on one count went down the drain when the judge dismissed the weapons charge that he had against him.

While I support the 2nd Amendment and agree with the right to carry, this kid was a idiot for bringing a weapon to what was happening in Kenosha. There are times that it is better to just stay at home. But then as some of the media are stating a lot of the blame goes to the Governor of the state of Wisconsin for allowing the riots get to the point that they did without calling out the National Guard. It is also interesting in that Wisconsin's Governor Tony Evers has the Guard on standby encase something happens now after the verdict.

All the politicians responsible for the Kenosha riots should be next for trial, malfeasance, nonfeasance and misfeasance in office. From this chair, all guilty.

Was just watching heads explode on MSNBC. :cool:

Regrettably, he is almost certain to now face multiple wrongful death civil suits. The standard of beyond reasonable doubt will not apply in those.

I think that a conviction on one count went down the drain when the judge dismissed the weapons charge that he had against him.

While I support the 2nd Amendment and agree with the right to carry, this kid was a idiot for bringing a weapon to what was happening in Kenosha. There are times that it is better to just stay at home. But then as some of the media are stating a lot of the blame goes to the Governor of the state of Wisconsin for allowing the riots get to the point that they did without calling out the National Guard. It is also interesting in that Wisconsin's Governor Tony Evers has the Guard on standby encase something happens now after the verdict.
I too thought he might get convicted on that one charge, but it was in reality a bogus charge and the judge knew it.

Regrettably, he is almost certain to now face multiple wrongful death civil suits. The standard of beyond reasonable doubt will not apply in those.
Well, two anyway. He did the earth a favor. But likely some ambulance chasing lawyer will offer pro bono services to the family of those scumbags to make money.

Watched the video for the first time. I thought he would get convicted for shooting the convicted felon that was kicking him in the head....but not get convicted of shooting the rioter that was trying to shoot him. After rioters and looters have not been punished for so long (see Portland, OR), they assume that they are above the law, as are illegal immigrants.............good to see you still have the right to defend yourself when someone is trying to kill you. As for those that say he did something stupid...ya, when did a 17 year old ever do that before? ...............FWB

The guy that jump kicked him did not get shot. He only came forward after it was all over. He was a black man, no black people were shot by Kyle.

Good for him. This could have turned out to be a nightmare for the rest of his life.
Are there more intelligent things to do in life, then go patrol the streets against looters and hooligans? I'm sure there are. Let's be honest, who among us would truly go in the street with their rifle to protect their neighbour's business? Then again we are thankful for those that went in the street with their rifle right around the year 1775...

I do not think we can reduce this young man's decisions to "intelligent personal life choices". They are not. Neither were it intelligent life choices for those US and British troops enlisting out of free will in 1940, while here in continental Europe we profited from those "stupid personal life choices" as those brave souls paid for their choice with their life.

I would simply view this as a young man, who (perhaps foolishly) decided to stand up for his ideals. Maybe we need more Kyle's in life. Not less.

Dont forget that he was also helping with grafiti removal, medical aid and other civic minded ideals. When the authorities abandoned their responsibilities there was no-one but these people to try and maintain some sort of protective help. Sad that it turned out the way it did but the way the rioters had been allowed and encouraged to become ferel it is not surprising that it did. It was unfortunate that this young man was seperated from his companions and that was the point at which things went bad for him.

While I support the 2nd Amendment and agree with the right to carry, this kid was a idiot for bringing a weapon to what was happening in Kenosha. There are times that it is better to just stay at home.

So, in your view, people are idiots for trying to defend their own neighborhoods and livelihoods during a riot where their community is burning down around them?? The entire point behind the 2nd Amendment is to guarantee that we ourselves maintain our God-given right to provide our own self defense and not be required to seek permission from the government to defend our families, homes, businesses or our own lives.

I suppose some might feel that there is an argument to be made for the "better to just stay home" ideology... Unfortunately, that ideology has unequivocally proven to embolden these scumbag rioters when they learn they can break the law with impunity. Hopefully, this acquittal will change that mindset for the next assholes that think about attacking innocent people, or destroying property..

VertigoBE beat me too it in noting that if all the 17 year olds in the colonies around 1775 had that same mindset, we would all still be British subjects.

Let's be honest, who among us would truly go in the street with their rifle to protect their neighbour's business? Then again we are thankful for those that went in the street with their rifle right around the year 1775...

I have and I would again... I've been through 2 sets of riots in Miami in the '80s. My father, 2 older siblings and myself stood on the roof of the strip mall complex where my father had his store during the McDuffie riot for 3 days. We were armed with a shotguns and hunting rifles, and I was younger than Rittenhouse at the time. There was no police response and it was every man for himself. My father's business along with his neighbors on each side survived. All the businesses that were left abandoned burned to the ground.

I would simply view this as a young man, who (perhaps foolishly) decided to stand up for his ideals. Maybe we need more Kyle's in life. Not less.

Exactly! Mobs only win when the weak capitulate to them...

KR.jpg

Last edited:
I put the blame in two places.

1. Local and state politicians who refused to enforce law in their communities.
2. Zero tolerance policies in the schools that trained people to think their asshat actions have no consequences.

I hope Rittenhouse makes out like a bandit in the lawsuits.

So, in your view, people are idiots for trying to defend their own neighborhoods and livelihoods during a riot where their community is burning down around them?? The entire point behind the 2nd Amendment is to guarantee that we ourselves maintain our God-given right to provide our own self defense and not be required to seek permission from the government to defend our families, homes, businesses or our own lives.

I suppose some might feel that there is an argument to be made for the "better to just stay home" ideology... Unfortunately, that ideology has unequivocally proven to embolden these scumbag rioters when they learn they can break the law with impunity. Hopefully, this acquittal will change that mindset for the next assholes that think about attacking innocent people, or destroying property..

VertigoBE beat me too it in noting that if all the 17 year olds in the colonies around 1775 had that same mindset, we would all still be British subjects.

I have and I would again... I've been through 2 sets of riots in Miami in the '80s. My father, 2 older siblings and myself stood on the roof of the strip mall complex where my father had his store during the McDuffie riot for 3 days. We were armed with a shotguns and hunting rifles, and I was younger than Rittenhouse at the time. There was no police response and it was every man for himself. My father's business along with his neighbors on each side survived. All the businesses that were left abandoned burned to the ground.

Exactly! Mobs only win when the weak capitulate to them...

View attachment 437225

I look at it this way, why put yourself into a situation that 99% of the time is going to go bad. If he would of showed up without the rifle to do what he said that he was going to do all would of been quite well, but with that rifle slung over his shoulder just bad things can and did happen.

I quite often ask people who are taking or going to take a course for a permit to carry a concealed weapon if they are willing to go to the full extent and kill someone and then deal with the consequences of the fact of what they did when they pulled the trigger. There are quite a few of them that say that they would just shoot the person in the leg or the arm, you know the John Wayne type. I just tell them that if you pull the trigger you better be ready to shoot to kill and then deal with the consequences later.

Rittenhouse showed that he failed to stand his ground when all this started, he backed away and tried to get clear, I doubt that any of this first problem would of happened if he wouldn't of had the rifle slung over his shoulder. If you are going to run down the street trying to get away from the confrontation that has occurred why are you packing a rifle over your shoulder?

But I also said that a lot of the blame should go to the Governor of the state of Wisconsin in not dealing with what was going on, but what else do you expect from someone with a D after his name?

But in the end if you go into a fight with a firearm you better be ready to use it and stand your ground while you are using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg