Verdict: Kyle Rittenhouse Found Not Guilty on All Charges

Really? White nationalism and Vigilantism is showing up to protect your community from people looting and burning and then shooting a guy who is trying to beat you to death with a skateboard or take your rifle away from you.
When you have ties to the Proud Boys and cross state lines with an AR-15 to place yourself ground zero in a riot, yes, that is white nationalism and vigiliantism. It has nothing to do with protecting your community in this instance. He is no better than the looters

Rittenhouse showed that he failed to stand his ground when all this started, he backed away and tried to get clear, I doubt that any of this first problem would of happened if he wouldn't of had the rifle slung over his shoulder. If you are going to run down the street trying to get away from the confrontation that has occurred why are you packing a rifle over your shoulder?

I'm really having a hard time wrapping my head around what you are trying to say... So your contention is that by exercising his right to bear arms, the mere sight of a rifle on his body is a justifiable provocation for personal attacks? Or, if you bring a gun to a riot for self-defense you are obligated to use it rather than attempt to retreat? Maybe I am missing your point because that logic defies me..

I look at it this way, why put yourself into a situation that 99% of the time is going to go bad. If he would of showed up without the rifle to do what he said that he was going to do all would of been quite well, but with that rifle slung over his shoulder just bad things can and did happen.

Avoiding a riot where your neighborhood is being burned and terrorized while the police and government officials watch from a distance certainly a personal decision that you are entitled to make for yourself, but not one you can make for me or KR..

Going into that kind of dangerous environment may be ill-advised in your opinion. Maybe if that riotous mob was in your town burring and looting you might feel differently about avoiding a situation that has already gone bad.

Rittenhouse showed that he failed to stand his ground when all this started, he backed away and tried to get clear, I doubt that any of this first problem would of happened if he wouldn't of had the rifle slung over his shoulder. If you are going to run down the street trying to get away from the confrontation that has occurred why are you packing a rifle over your shoulder?

To answer your question, I would say he had a rifle for self-dense as a last resort if he couldn't run away... That's pretty much the universal logic behind anyone who carries a weapon for self-defense...

Are you suggesting that because KR had an AR-15 on him, he should have been prepared to use at the first sign of confrontation rather than avoid the use of deadly force if possible? Again, this point confuses me..? The fact that he made two separate attempts to flee confrontation before the use of deadly force only confirms that that it was not his intention to go down there guns blazing. In my opinion, KR displayed impressive judgment in his attempts to flee before using deadly force.

But in the end if you go into a fight with a firearm you better be ready to use it and stand your ground while you are using it.

Once again, I will ask why do you assume KR went in looking for fight, and once the fight came, why should he have been prepared to stand his ground rather than attempt to flee as a first resort?

By that logic, are the tens of millions of Americans who carry weapons all looking for a fight? That's actually one of the arguments that the prosecutor tried to make which is that anybody who owns and carries a gun must be looking for trouble. This is an insane proposition to anyone who actually understands the fundamental principles of self defense.

We can argue all day long about KR's reasoning to be there in the first place. That's irrelevant to what he was on trial for... Agree or not, he had a legal right to be there with a long rifle displayed in open carry. I respectfully reject your contention that because KR brought a gun he should have been ready to use it before exhausting any attempts to flee. In fact, there is only a handful of states where the "stand your ground" principle is legal in a self-defense situation. Thankfully Florida is one of them.. Most states require that the person using deadly force exhausts all reasonable opportunities to flee before the use of deadly force.

Obvouisly violent protests are not acceptable. On the other hand, vigilantism at the hands of a white nationalist is not acceptable either. As the president said today, we have to abide by the jury's decision. However, I believe this verdict will have consequences in the future.
Vigilantism? How in hell do you call defending yourself vigilantism? White Nationalist? Since when are American citizens classified as white nationalists? What would you do in a situation like that? Tuck your tail and run screaming, " Police, please help me! Some bad guys are trying to hurt me!" This is AMERICA and the last I heard we have the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms and protect ourselves, family and property.

So, in your view, people are idiots for trying to defend their own neighborhoods and livelihoods during a riot where their community is burning down around them?? The entire point behind the 2nd Amendment is to guarantee that we ourselves maintain our God-given right to provide our own self defense and not be required to seek permission from the government to defend our families, homes, businesses or our own lives.

I suppose some might feel that there is an argument to be made for the "better to just stay home" ideology... Unfortunately, that ideology has unequivocally proven to embolden these scumbag rioters when they learn they can break the law with impunity. Hopefully, this acquittal will change that mindset for the next assholes that think about attacking innocent people, or destroying property..

VertigoBE beat me too it in noting that if all the 17 year olds in the colonies around 1775 had that same mindset, we would all still be British subjects.

I have and I would again... I've been through 2 sets of riots in Miami in the '80s. My father, 2 older siblings and myself stood on the roof of the strip mall complex where my father had his store during the McDuffie riot for 3 days. We were armed with a shotguns and hunting rifles, and I was younger than Rittenhouse at the time. There was no police response and it was every man for himself. My father's business along with his neighbors on each side survived. All the businesses that were left abandoned burned to the ground.

Exactly! Mobs only win when the weak capitulate to them...

View attachment 437225
The first Miami riot my father ,brother in law and I boarded up and protected my grandfather's business.54th st and about 27th Ave that's when Norton tire and Bobby's johns Firestone burned for days.they never rebuilt.there but moved west of miami.i think it's still a barren wasteland .the second riot my vw crapped out in the middle of it.lucklely an easy fix.i.ve carried a gun in the car ever since.and refuse to live somewhere where u can't.that riot blew up right in front of us

On the other hand, vigilantism at the hands of a white nationalist is not acceptable either.

How can you sleep at night perpetuating blatant lies that are doing irreparable harm to this country?

I realize that anyone who actually has a set of balls and takes a stand against this nonsense is tagged as a "racist" by the snowflakes. It's a card that has been over-played and is now meaningless to anyone with a lick of common sense and decency. You are all going to have to get used to the fact that the lies are starting to catch up with you. Good people, republican, democrat and independent are tiring of this bullshit.

However, I believe this verdict will have consequences in the future.

I hope you are right.. I hope the next cowardly scumbag that thinks about setting fires and destroying property also thinks about the possibility of getting shot in the face.

Was it smart to drive 17miles from home with his rifle to defend a neighboring town?
Doug, not that it matters in my opinion, but his father lives and works in Kenosha. The media would have you believe that he was an outside agitator with no connection to the riots... Another blatant MSM lie...

Obvouisly violent protests are not acceptable. On the other hand, vigilantism at the hands of a white nationalist is not acceptable either. As the president said today, we have to abide by the jury's decision. However, I believe this verdict will have consequences in the future.
Not as Biden said, rather as the founding fathers who wrote the laws said, after they stood the line. One man followed rule of law, many more didn't, and some of them paid the ultimate price for their poor decsions.

For all those protesting the only logical outcome, 'facts over feelings'.

The first Miami riot my father ,brother in law and I boarded up and protected my grandfather's business.54th st and about 27th Ave that's when Norton tire and Bobby's johns Firestone burned for days.they never rebuilt.there but moved west of miami.i think it's still a barren wasteland .the second riot my vw crapped out in the middle of it.lucklely an easy fix.i.ve carried a gun in the car ever since.and refuse to live somewhere where u can't.that riot blew up right in front of us

I know the area well.. My Dad's store was on the corner of 79th Street and 17th Avenue .. My Dad stayed in business for 15 years until 1990 when his partner was shot and killed in a robbery. I actually got shot in a robbery there when I was 15 bagging groceries in the store. I got shot in the thigh, and luckily it wasn't serious.. After the riots, robberies, me getting shot, and my Dad's partner's death, my mother insisted that he sell and leave... Enough was enough..

Yes, most of what burned was never rebuilt, and much of it lays barren today. Sadly, the neighborhood has not improved.

One thing that people need to know or remember.

He didn't drive across a state line with the rifle. It was stored in Konosha

My point to a lot of what happened after watching more of the trial than I should of is that if he hadn't had the rifle with him most of what happened wouldn't of. While he didn't push any points he did come up against those who thought that they were tougher than he was even while he had a firearm in his position. It is my belief that if he hadn't of had it nothing more than some words would of happened if even that.

But when he came up against the thugs things escalated quite quickly. And when they started to chase them it was going to end badly one way or another. What was said to start everything will never be known to any of us but we can imagine.

But when it comes down to it it is my belief that nothing good was going to happen when he walked into the area packing the rifle especially with what was going on.

I have no problem if he was protecting his or his families property, but he wasn't. The story was that he was there to protect a car dealer and render aid to those who needed it. But he left the car dealers lot and headed into the riots.

One thing that people need to know or remember.

He didn't drive across a state line with the rifle. It was stored in Konosha

My point to a lot of what happened after watching more of the trial than I should of is that if he hadn't had the rifle with him most of what happened wouldn't of. While he didn't push any points he did come up against those who thought that they were tougher than he was even while he had a firearm in his position. It is my belief that if he hadn't of had it nothing more than some words would of happened if even that.

But when he came up against the thugs things escalated quite quickly. And when they started to chase them it was going to end badly one way or another. What was said to start everything will never be known to any of us but we can imagine.

But when it comes down to it it is my belief that nothing good was going to happen when he walked into the area packing the rifle especially with what was going on.

I have no problem if he was protecting his or his families property, but he wasn't. The story was that he was there to protect a car dealer and render aid to those who needed it. But he left the car dealers lot and headed into the riots.
What will result from his actions that night is that somewhere in America tonight there is probably at least one child that would have at some point in the future been molested but now will not be. Somewhere in America there are some innocent people that would have eventually been robbed or had some other violent crime perpetrated on them that now will not. Those guys he shot were bad guys, they had a record proving they had done bad things in the past and they showed intent that night to commit more violent crimes in the future. Now they will not. Everyone questions what right Kyle Rittenhouse had to be there defending whatever he wanted to defend but nobody is gonna bother to question why those guys showed up that night? What if it hadn't been Rittenhouse they tried to assault, what if it had been some defenseless person? What if it had been Kyle Rittenhouse and he didn't have his rifle? Would anybody even know some kid got beat to death with a skateboard? Nope! But when you start killing people back then people start paying attention.

I believe that the altercations started because he had the rifle, I've seen it happen before when some tough guy wants to prove that he is tougher than someone else and tries to prove it no matter what the other person is packing.

I'm also not saying that the thugs were a benefit to society and that anyone other than their family will miss them I know of a numbers of others that should disappear.

When you have ties to the Proud Boys and cross state lines with an AR-15 to place yourself ground zero in a riot, yes, that is white nationalism and vigiliantism. It has nothing to do with protecting your community in this instance. He is no better than the looters
Would you feel better if he had ties to ANTIFA? Or BLM? You know, the other vigilante groups? Would that be more acceptable to you?

I could have gone all day without seeing that again.

You didn’t watch one s
Obvouisly violent protests are not acceptable. On the other hand, vigilantism at the hands of a white nationalist is not acceptable either. As the president said today, we have to abide by the jury's decision. However, I believe this verdict will have consequences in the future
None of what you say is true. You haven’t got a clue as to the facts of the case do you? Did you watch any of it? White nationalist? You’re disgusting. Lying disgusting person.

Would you feel better if he had ties to ANTIFA? Or BLM? You know, the other vigilante groups? Would that be more acceptable to you?
You know the answer to that! When you wake up in the morning and snort a line of CNN for breakfast and smile at the picture of Joe that is prominently placed on your nightstand you can’t help it! Somebody needs to let the black guys that are members of the proud boys know that they are white nationalists also, bet they would be pissed off!

Was just watching heads explode on MSNBC. :cool:

Regrettably, he is almost certain to now face multiple wrongful death civil suits. The standard of beyond reasonable doubt will not apply in those.

harder to win those since he has prevailed criminally. Really hard to win those when the character of the assailants is brought into the case: off meds and just left mental hospital that day, convicted 4x pedo, Marxist revolutionary that has tried to overthrow the government.

I don’t think the three parties involved have a way to win a civil suit.

Not one of the statements you’ve made in this thread is at all factual. Not a difference of opinions, just absolutely false. Your politics are getting past the facts at every turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross