VC Double Owners?

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Greetings again AH. "I have a VC double of interest" Simple question, are you satisfied with your Verney Carron ? Any owners of 577/600's, issues for better or worse,
Or anything you regret with your purchase, etc. any & all advice appreciated!

Thank You AH. Regards, Dan.

I own two VC's, both are O/U (450/400 and 8x57JRS) I am completely satisfied with them the workmanship is compairable to all the other double in the same price range. I haven't shot one of their 577 or 600's.

I have an Azur Safari round body .450 that I've had for 8 years now. So far I've hunted deer, warthogs, springbuck and lion with it. It killed them all dead. I've fired close to or over 200 rounds of both factory and hand loads through it without any problems whatsoever...…..nor did I ever expect any. It is more accurate than me and though heavy (in .450 and up, you want it to be), it handles like a dream.

I have a VC Azur 450/400. I am very happy with it. However, I will probably be letting it go in the near future to fund another one of life's priorities.

I have a VC Azur Imperial in 500 NE. Very Accurate, regulates several types of bullets. Taken a couple Cape buffalo with it. This is my favorite double so far.

I have an Azur Imperial in 450 NE and am quite satisfied with it. I haven’t killed anything other than paper targets with it so far and it does a fine job at that. ;)

4D9ADABF-1165-43D8-8DD2-D0F737CF637A.jpeg
8B81A51E-D1E0-4203-81BF-96E47D4E52F8.jpeg
D9FB79C2-51AE-4D6E-85DC-F4FCFDE23283.jpeg
7FBE1FF3-7A01-456E-8520-E863D715A0FD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! What a gorgeous and accurate rifle. Thanks for sharing.

@Daniel Cary Would recommend going to DSC this year and stop into the VC booth and talk with Ken Bush about options for a VC. You would also be able to stop by the Heym, Krieghoff, Chapuis, booths and several of the other Double rifle makers and see and handle the different models and see what speaks to you.

@Daniel Cary Would recommend going to DSC this year and stop into the VC booth and talk with Ken Bush about options for a VC. You would also be able to stop by the Heym, Krieghoff, Chapuis, booths and several of the other Double rifle makers and see and handle the different models and see what speaks to you.
Ideally, that's it. I've spoke with Ken on a couple occasions this past month, as a side note, a great person to converse with regardless! I just looked up the convention date, Thank You!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross