VC Double Owners?

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37
Greetings again AH. "I have a VC double of interest" Simple question, are you satisfied with your Verney Carron ? Any owners of 577/600's, issues for better or worse,
Or anything you regret with your purchase, etc. any & all advice appreciated!

Thank You AH. Regards, Dan.
 
I own two VC's, both are O/U (450/400 and 8x57JRS) I am completely satisfied with them the workmanship is compairable to all the other double in the same price range. I haven't shot one of their 577 or 600's.
 
I have an Azur Safari round body .450 that I've had for 8 years now. So far I've hunted deer, warthogs, springbuck and lion with it. It killed them all dead. I've fired close to or over 200 rounds of both factory and hand loads through it without any problems whatsoever...…..nor did I ever expect any. It is more accurate than me and though heavy (in .450 and up, you want it to be), it handles like a dream.
 
I have a VC Azur 450/400. I am very happy with it. However, I will probably be letting it go in the near future to fund another one of life's priorities.
 
I have a VC Azur Imperial in 500 NE. Very Accurate, regulates several types of bullets. Taken a couple Cape buffalo with it. This is my favorite double so far.
 
I have an Azur Imperial in 450 NE and am quite satisfied with it. I haven’t killed anything other than paper targets with it so far and it does a fine job at that. ;)

4D9ADABF-1165-43D8-8DD2-D0F737CF637A.jpeg
8B81A51E-D1E0-4203-81BF-96E47D4E52F8.jpeg
D9FB79C2-51AE-4D6E-85DC-F4FCFDE23283.jpeg
7FBE1FF3-7A01-456E-8520-E863D715A0FD.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! What a gorgeous and accurate rifle. Thanks for sharing.
 
@Daniel Cary Would recommend going to DSC this year and stop into the VC booth and talk with Ken Bush about options for a VC. You would also be able to stop by the Heym, Krieghoff, Chapuis, booths and several of the other Double rifle makers and see and handle the different models and see what speaks to you.
 
@Daniel Cary Would recommend going to DSC this year and stop into the VC booth and talk with Ken Bush about options for a VC. You would also be able to stop by the Heym, Krieghoff, Chapuis, booths and several of the other Double rifle makers and see and handle the different models and see what speaks to you.
Ideally, that's it. I've spoke with Ken on a couple occasions this past month, as a side note, a great person to converse with regardless! I just looked up the convention date, Thank You!
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,660
Members
169,803
Latest member
inohuscomm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top