USA: A Dream Of mine

Cbourg

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
This is a couple of months after the hunt, as I just joined the forum a couple weeks ago but wanted to share with you great fellas. For over 10 years one of the hunts I wanted to do most was a blackbuck. I put it off further and further but last year in August I came down with Covid and an after effect I came down with guillian barre syndrome. This put me in the hospital for 76 days and 18 of those day were in a coma. It wasn’t looking good for me for a while. Had to relearn how to walk eat and even brush my teeth.. it was a rough experience but the good lord willing I got better much faster than any of the doctors expected. After this experience I told myself there will be no more putting off stuff that I’ve always wanted to do. So before even fully recovering I began the search for what I’ve always wanted to do, kill a nice blackbuck. Ends up one of my buddies has a friend in Texas and he knows a nice guy with a pretty nice ranch. We set it up for June. I travel down west of San Antonio where his property is and we go out for an evening sit. No luck but saw some whitetails and axis, the axis were very tempting but wouldn’t come out of the brush enough for a clean shot. I was fully prepared to kill either or both lol. The next day we go out and see some more axis and finally 3 blackbuck come out two does and a pretty nice buck. They are moving in front and when they get straight ahead the buck jumps straight up from a standstill at least 3 or 4 feet off the ground which surprised the heck out of me. Very cool to watch, they circle around and he gives me a clear shot just shy of 100 yards. I really had to compose myself because I really only shoot winged animals. With a heavy case of buck fever I calm myself down and release one and he dropped instantly. The real shaking begins lol and I’m sure for most of y’all this little guy wouldn’t be that big of a deal and could be done in your sleep but it meant a lot to me not only because of all that transpired the previous couple months but also the fact it was always a big goal of mine. So now time to set a little bigger goal! Thank you to all who have read this and I really hope y’all enjoy. And if I have one piece of advice from the experience I had was don’t keep putting off a hunting goal that you’ve always wanted to do. Enjoy it while you can cause no matter the age you never know when God will call you.
DC2B1CE0-7BDE-4184-BF43-E47D745E5619.jpeg

Congratulations on every front. You did well for a bird hunter.

On to the next challenge.

Carpe Diem!

Very good. I really like the looks of Blackbuck. Someday maybe.. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Congrats on the buck but more so for your recovery!

Congratulations on your blackbuck @Cbourg! Way to go realising some of the dreams you have. I agree with your advice wholeheartedly, try to every year scratch something off that bucket list, you never know what might happen that stops you from chasing your dreams.

And rest assured, on this forum you will find plenty of people to motivate and advice you on realising the next dream!

Cheers,

V.

Congratulations on your blackbuck @Cbourg! Way to go realising some of the dreams you have. I agree with your advice wholeheartedly, try to every year scratch something off that bucket list, you never know what might happen that stops you from chasing your dreams.

And rest assured, on this forum you will find plenty of people to motivate and advice you on realising the next dream!

Cheers,

V.
V, thank you for the kind words brother.

Congratulations on a nice buck! Good to see you won the battle and recovered to fulfill a dream hunt. I too, suffered a harsh lesson on the brevity of life some years ago. Don't put off chasing a dream, you might not have the time left to catch it.

looks like an awesome animal

Blackbucks are gorgeous animals. Congrats on the buck and your health.

Congratulations on a nice buck! Good to see you won the battle and recovered to fulfill a dream hunt. I too, suffered a harsh lesson on the brevity of life some years ago. Don't put off chasing a dream, you might not have the time left to catch it.
Thank you! And you couldn’t be any more right about that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValentinMo

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.