Update COVID rules

Any intel on the potential of Zimbabwe lifting pre-travel PCR test requirements for vaccinated tourists?

I have just seen a announcement that Namibia have removed the negative pcr test for entry for fully vacinated travelers

hard to say, one part in bold says show proof of vac then lower down #2 says must show PCR test 72hours before flight. I read 2 different hope it is the first in bold print

Partial re-opening of borders (as updated on 22 March 2022)

75. (1)(a) The 21 land borders which are fully operational will remain as such and the 32 land borders which were closed will remain closed except for the Telle Bridge Port of Entry which will reopen on the commencement of this amendment to the Regulations.
(b) The Cabinet member responsible for Home Affairs may, from the date of commencement of this amendment to the Regulations, issue directions regarding the opening and closing of any further Ports of Entry.

(2) Traveling to and from the Republic from neighbouring countries is allowed, subject to subregulation (3): Provided that travellers who are-
(a) fully vaccinated must upon arrival at the land border, produce, a valid vaccination certificate; and
(b) unvaccinated must upon arrival at the land border, provide a valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 test, recognised by the World Health Organisation, which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel.

(3) Daily commuters from neighbouring countries who attend or teach at a school in the Republic, and who are allowed entry into and exit from the Republic, are subject to compliance with protocols relating to-
(a) screening for COVID -19 and quarantine or isolation, where necessary;
(b) the wearing of a face mask;
(c) transportation; and
(d) sanitisation and social distancing measures as per the relevant health protocols on safety and prevention of the spread of COVID-19.

(4) (a) International air travel is restricted to the following airports-
(i) OR Tambo International Airport:
(ii) King Shaka International Airport;
(iii) Cape Town International Airport:
(iv) Lanseria International Airport; and
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
(b) Long-haul flight departures and landings at the airports listed in paragraph (a) are permitted during the hours of curfew as provided for in regulation 68(1).
(c) All international travellers arriving at the Ports of Entry listed in paragraph (a) who are-
(i) fully vaccinated must upon arrival at the Port of Entry, produce a valid vaccination certificate; and
(ii) unvaccinated must upon arrival at the Port of Entry, provide a valid certificate of a negative COVID-19 test, recognised by the World Health Organisation, which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel.
(d) In the event of the traveller's failure to submit a certificate as proof of a negative COVID-19 test, the traveller will be required to do an antigen test on arrival at his or her own cost and in the event of a traveller testing positive for COVID-19, he or she will be required to isolate him or herself at his or her own cost, for a period of 10 days.
(e) Outbound travellers from South Africa must comply with the requirements of the country of destination.

(5) All commercial seaports will remain open and small crafts will be allowed entry into seaports, in-line with all health and border law enforcement protocols.

https://www.gov.za/covid-19/about/coronavirus-covid-19-alert-level-1

Examples of the "International Standard" referred to in RSA policy.

CURRENTLY:

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 08.20.39.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 08.44.21.png

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ed-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully

Of course, the next possibility. "Up to date" could be coming.

On Monday, British prime minister Boris Johnson admitted that to be fully vaccinated no longer meant having two COVID jabs but rather three doses in order to prevent pandemic restrictions from being reinforced in the UK.
https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/...cinated-about-to-change-to-mean-3-vaccine-dos

Constantly changing goal posts. At this point, who feels comfortable when a rule is set, because it will likely be changed in days or weeks to fit whatever narrative is desired. Complete BS. As long as the public, in any country, accepts this behavior, why would they change what they’re doing?

With ever changing Covid travel, even though I have vaccination card, for what I have invested for this years 21 day safari I am still going to go have a PCR test and papers. I don’t want some airline person not knowing all the new rules to give me any problems

well I called the S African Embassy in Washington to see why they have not posted on their web site and see if the news is true, problem they know nothing about the Pcr test being dropped for vaccinated travelers but took my name and phone number and will call me when she gets clarification?

well I called the S African Embassy in Washington to see why they have not posted on their web site and see if the news is true, problem they know nothing about the Pcr test being dropped for vaccinated travelers but took my name and phone number and will call me when she gets clarification?
That does not surprise me in the least.
The National Department of Health website does not have the information posted either.

Zambia just removed test if you’re vaccinated with two shots.

PCR testing 72 hours before arrival has been lifted in SA, Botswana and Zambia published the lift 23 March 2022, this is for fully vaccinated persons only. Some airlines however still require the PCR testing though, best you talk to the airline, they will have all the regulations for stopovers for specific countries. I have attached the Zambia and Botswana letters for convenience.

Attachments

• Scan 24 Mar 2022 (2).pdf
    439.5 KB · Views: 68
  • PHOTO-2022-03-20-09-08-25.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-03-20-09-08-25.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 74
So it looks Zimbabwe is still a lone holdout on this? Has anyone seen anything where they've either dropped the test requirement yet or have hinted that they will most likely be going that route?

So it looks Zimbabwe is still a lone holdout on this? Has anyone seen anything where they've either dropped the test requirement yet or have hinted that they will most likely be going that route?
Same. They are all the same. Look for more changes for the better soon.

Denied entry into South Africa last night despite having all 4 vaxines…. Be advised FWB ( may 8)

Denied entry into South Africa last night despite having all 4 vaxines…. Be advised FWB ( may 8)
Bill, where did they stop you? If you can't produce a vaccine passport upon entry to RSA, you will be tested at the airport, and released upon a negative result.

What did you use as proof of vaccines, what form of proof is being accepted.

Pulled all Americans out of passport entry line. Had us stand in line for 5 hours awaiting test kits… only to find that they had none. Americans, consider your plans carefully….FWB

I just talked with Koos at Kuche and Africa Sky. They both picked up clients last night and this morning from various flights and there were no issues.

Between the two of them they picked up 18 US clients.

Safe travels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.