Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Unique Trophy Pictures

I have seen countless trophy photos throughout the years as many of us have to the extent that only once in a while I see some that really stand out... not because of the trophy itself but because of the unique aspect of the trophy picture. I thought I would share a few examples of trophy photos that have been posted by members of AH that I am particularly fond of. you can click on their name above the photo to visit their photo galleries.

I hope that this post will give you ideas of what can be done and that you'll think about taking a few extra photos beyond the typical "grip and grin" trophy pictures next time you have the chance.

Please post your own favorite trophy photos that may be unique or unusual in some way.

Cape Buffalo - Christophe Morio
watermark.php

Hartmann's Zebra (Mountain Zebra) - Paul Brisso
watermark.php

Greater Kudu - Karl Stumpfe
watermark.php

Kilombero Tusker - Ryan Shallom
watermark.php

Burchell's Zebra (Plain Zebra) - Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris
watermark.php

Elephant - Christophe Morio
watermark.php

Black Wildebeest - Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris
watermark.php

Cape Buffalo - Karl Stumpfe
watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are great. I really like the cape buff at the beginning.

Too Cool!

I really enjoyed this post!!! Jerome, you really opened my mind to what can be done... a truly unique and artistic trophy picture. I will definitely be using some of these shots (Kudu, Zebra) and will try out some originals too. The zebra back trophy picture is beautiful, seeing all of the detail in the pattern from the back rather than the side (which just shows stripes), what a great idea and it's surprising that I have not seen that done before. I also really love, love, love the first buffalo trophy picture, it's an amazing position to see the horns from and the mass of the boss. When the time comes that will be a trophy picture I'll be sure to take!:redhot:

Way cool jerome!!!!
I am constantly impressed at the shear size of buff, elephant and hippo pics with humans in them for size reference.

I cant wait to see them in person. 42 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very nice shot and angle for zebra. That is what I think anyway :D

zebra3.jpg

Frederik, yes that is also a really nice trophy photo of a zebra. I will try that one as well. I plan on taking both a plain and muntain zebra, will do one as a rug and I think the other as a "chess piece" pedestal mount, this picture kind of reminds me of that posture.

I would be interested to see more pictures in this thread if people have got any interesting shots!

Here is a pic I did with my waterbuck. Don't know if it is truly unique, but I like the "look".

Brad

waterbuck back.JPG

I like taking photos and always end up taking several thousands on each safari. 85% or more dont turn up as i want but the other 15% of the photos i LOVE..
Here are some photos that i had on photobucket.. ( I always try to think whats behind us - its nicer to see the horns in the horizon IMO).

braelebild.jpg

IMG_2490_redigerad-1.jpg

IMG_3078_redigerad-2.jpg

IMG_3085-1.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

And the one i like best
IMG_2492111-1.jpg

Attachments

• braelebild.jpg
    braelebild.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_2490_redigerad-1.jpg
    IMG_2490_redigerad-1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3078_redigerad-2.jpg
    IMG_3078_redigerad-2.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_3085-1.jpg
    IMG_3085-1.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_2492111-1.jpg
    IMG_2492111-1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 315
All nice & original picture, will definitly inspire me for the next ones:)

Very very good pictures, well done, especially the elephant, not easy to get this position.

Thanks - I actually didnt move the elephant anything, he fell like that..check out the video. Big luck !

Elephant Hunt in Zimbabwe

A.Dahlgren, great pictures. I also really like the close up one of the tusk with the native people behind. The sepia tone add a certain vintage quality that I like.

Some of my favorites.

The as they fell shots can be cool, some are fun, water always adds something, and a posed shot can be wonderful if done well.

Buffalo Down.jpg
Cape Eland.jpg
Elephant Fun.jpg
Kana River.jpg
MountainZebra.jpg

Not super unique but i really like it. Kind of a "respect" pose.

100_1969.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1969.jpg
    100_1969.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 335
Here's one of my favorite fotos, hope you like it!

SABLE.jpg

Great, great pictures all of the above!

I found another unusual one that I like! Hope you like it

CARMEN COLA BLANCA DIC 08 128 02.jpg

How about this photo?

PH really took some effort with the photos. The wildebeest is in the "buffalo" pose.

Victor Rodriguez 348.jpg

sparkyrendon, I really like the Buffalo pose on this Wildebeest... I seriously think that it is one of the best I have seen for a Wildebeest. I would certainly include this in the repertoire!

Record class buff wow! what caliber took it?

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvieSchref

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,