Unicorn gun!

Milehighshooter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Been after one of these for a LONG time

Pre-64 300 H&H !!

Funny thing when you work in the gun industry, whenever you're trying to avoid buying guns and save some cash, stuff like this happens along.

Got a great price, its in fairly good condition. The stock has some wear on it the pics don't really show, but the metal is in great condition. Threw an old K4 Weaver on top to complete the package.

Been collecting brass for a while, so now I just need to sort it out and start working on some loads.

Attachments

• 20200211-190419.jpg
    20200211-190419.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 20200211-190448.jpg
    20200211-190448.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 200
Congrats on the find!

Hi Milei,

Great find! Those .300 and .375 H&H M70 pre 64 rifles with their high quality barrels, their 4 round original magazines plus their fantastic feeding and extracting functioning, are truly out of the box dependable rifles as very few today ones are. I have a 375 one (1954) and couldn't been happier...
The only thing to see closely is the bedding.
Congrats!

CF

Milehighshooter that was a sweet find for sure. I like the old Weaver K-4(s) myself. Old school gun with an old school scope. I had Iron Sight refurbish 4 old Weavers for me, while they were at it I had them install a duplex reticle. I prefer those over the normal fine line crosshairs. The funny thing about good deals is that you have to pick them upon the spur of the moment, after that they are gone forever.

You lucky devil ! I heard so much about the pre 64 Winchester Model 70 rifles chambered in .300 Holland & Holland magnum . Unfortunately , during my 10 year career , l never had a client bring 1 . They are supposed to be relatively rare .

Na, we cant shoot them any more they are a protected species all held on the liberal playgrounds.
@ Von Gruff
Unicorn in Australia is as common as a politician that tells the truth. You may find one but you would have more chance of finding rocking horse poop and getting blood from a stone.
I did see one once during a big night on the Bundy. It was standing right next to the pink elephant.
Bob

I must have missed this post.

What a terrific find and congratulations to you!

Been after one of these for a LONG time

Pre-64 300 H&H !!

Funny thing when you work in the gun industry, whenever you're trying to avoid buying guns and save some cash, stuff like this happens along.

Got a great price, its in fairly good condition. The stock has some wear on it the pics don't really show, but the metal is in great condition. Threw an old K4 Weaver on top to complete the package.

Been collecting brass for a while, so now I just need to sort it out and start working on some loads.

Super jealous

Missed this thread, and I love all things 300 H&H. :A Way To Go:

Very nice! - and it is a shooter in great condition rather than a safe queen collector piece. But I am begging you - please tell me in the ensuing six-months of Covid terror, you have replaced that butt ugly pad with a solid red Winchester reproduction.

Great find - congrats.

Nice rifle,(y) had one too for a while. Unicorn usually denotes something that doesn't exist or nearly so. Being that these are relatively common I refer to such desirables as "Grail" guns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,