Unicorn gun!

Milehighshooter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Been after one of these for a LONG time

Pre-64 300 H&H !!

Funny thing when you work in the gun industry, whenever you're trying to avoid buying guns and save some cash, stuff like this happens along.

Got a great price, its in fairly good condition. The stock has some wear on it the pics don't really show, but the metal is in great condition. Threw an old K4 Weaver on top to complete the package.

Been collecting brass for a while, so now I just need to sort it out and start working on some loads.

Attachments

• 20200211-190419.jpg
    20200211-190419.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200211-190448.jpg
    20200211-190448.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 90

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)

Clodo Ferreira

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hi Milei,

Great find! Those .300 and .375 H&H M70 pre 64 rifles with their high quality barrels, their 4 round original magazines plus their fantastic feeding and extracting functioning, are truly out of the box dependable rifles as very few today ones are. I have a 375 one (1954) and couldn't been happier...
The only thing to see closely is the bedding.
Congrats!

CF

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Milehighshooter that was a sweet find for sure. I like the old Weaver K-4(s) myself. Old school gun with an old school scope. I had Iron Sight refurbish 4 old Weavers for me, while they were at it I had them install a duplex reticle. I prefer those over the normal fine line crosshairs. The funny thing about good deals is that you have to pick them upon the spur of the moment, after that they are gone forever.

Major Khan

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
You lucky devil ! I heard so much about the pre 64 Winchester Model 70 rifles chambered in .300 Holland & Holland magnum . Unfortunately , during my 10 year career , l never had a client bring 1 . They are supposed to be relatively rare .

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Oh I thought this was a “ what gun to use on a unicorn hunt” thread :whistle:
Na, we cant shoot them any more they are a protected species all held on the liberal playgrounds.

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
Na, we cant shoot them any more they are a protected species all held on the liberal playgrounds.
@ Von Gruff
Unicorn in Australia is as common as a politician that tells the truth. You may find one but you would have more chance of finding rocking horse poop and getting blood from a stone.
I did see one once during a big night on the Bundy. It was standing right next to the pink elephant.
Bob

Chukar

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, Namibia
I must have missed this post.

What a terrific find and congratulations to you!

Mo-hntr

AH member
Reaction score
Been after one of these for a LONG time

Pre-64 300 H&H !!

Funny thing when you work in the gun industry, whenever you're trying to avoid buying guns and save some cash, stuff like this happens along.

Got a great price, its in fairly good condition. The stock has some wear on it the pics don't really show, but the metal is in great condition. Threw an old K4 Weaver on top to complete the package.

Been collecting brass for a while, so now I just need to sort it out and start working on some loads.

Super jealous

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Missed this thread, and I love all things 300 H&H. :A Way To Go:

Very nice! - and it is a shooter in great condition rather than a safe queen collector piece. But I am begging you - please tell me in the ensuing six-months of Covid terror, you have replaced that butt ugly pad with a solid red Winchester reproduction.

Great find - congrats.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Nice rifle,(y) had one too for a while. Unicorn usually denotes something that doesn't exist or nearly so. Being that these are relatively common I refer to such desirables as "Grail" guns.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.