Uh Oh, Memory loss

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Earlier today I went to open the safe. It's a manual dial with tumblers (not the new electrical). Just as I was about to turn the dial there was a distraction- otherwise I'd have opened the safe by rote. But then I had to think about turning the dial and while I could remember the numbers I couldn't recall the order. I tried several combinations and various numbers of turns between numbers. I gave up and asked my wife. She had the combination noted in a secure location. I got it and opened the safe on the first try. It's quite unnerving to see a sign of growing old. Oh well, I'm 72 and I'd kept it together so far. I can imagine how Biden feels.

Welcome to the senior world. I carry my brains in my pocket on my phone. If it's not written down, no telling what will or won't happen. I'm not absent minded, I just think way ahead of what I'm doing so--what was I writing??

Been there done that.

The sad thing is when you walk into a room and then forget why you went into it.

Earlier today I went to open the safe. It's a manual dial with tumblers (not the new electrical). Just as I was about to turn the dial there was a distraction- otherwise I'd have opened the safe by rote. But then I had to think about turning the dial and while I could remember the numbers I couldn't recall the order. I tried several combinations and various numbers of turns between numbers. I gave up and asked my wife. She had the combination noted in a secure location. I got it and opened the safe on the first try. It's quite unnerving to see a sign of growing old. Oh well, I'm 72 and I'd kept it together so far. I can imagine how Biden feels.
Totally normal Ray, The difference between you and old Hoe is he has the nuclear button in there.....

I new I forgot to do something. I need to write my safe combo down and put in a safe place. But, what if I forget where the safe place is? Ha! It could happen!
Thanks Ray!

Totally normal Ray, The difference between you and old Hoe is he has the nuclear button in there.....
You may not have heard but members of his own demtard party are concerned enough about him that they want him to not have sole control over that button.
I think at some point they plan to pull the 25th Amendment on him and have him removed from office for incompetence/senility.
He cant go a day without screwing up a speech somewhere, has to hunt around for note cards to keep him in the zone. Its getting serious now.

You may not have heard but members of his own demtard party are concerned enough about him that they want him to not have sole control over that button.
I think at some point they plan to pull the 25th Amendment on him and have him removed from office for incompetence/senility.
He cant go a day without screwing up a speech somewhere, has to hunt around for note cards to keep him in the zone. Its getting serious now.
Yes I saw that. The real problem is not internal issues, there are people to pick up the slack there anyway, but this man is the CIC. The US system if I am not mistaken requires the nod of the CIC on any international crisis before the Pentagon is allowed to act. Nowadays reaction times in the worst case scenario are down to 15 minutes or so and old Joe can lapse for long periods of time. The stupid Democrats have unwittingly put the USA in a very precarious position.

I have, on a few occasions, momentarily forgotten my laptop password. The same laptop that I use on a daily basis and a password that I type in at least 10-15 times a day! I'm only 51... 71 is going to be interesting!!
I am no psycologist, but mind workings interest me a lot. For sure subconcious auto responses like you describe are very fragile and seem to be the first to go. Try not using your computer for a month and see how elusive that password becomes! I suffer exactly that with my internet banking codes, it's a buggar. You have to somehow committ the process to the cognitive side, associations are the easiest, like a little rhymes. Duh, we all know this, but we dont do it!

Yep you're right about the association trick. I use that often. I think sometimes we just don't concentrate on the world around us as we are distracted by technology and background noise. FOr those that are unhappily married I hear nagging is also distracting unless you can push it into the background noise category... :A Stirring:

A few years ago, in my early 30s, I temporarily forgot the access code to the building where my office is. I used to access that building several times a day, seven days a week back then, each time using the code. I had to call one of my employees for assistance. Later that day, my staff politely suggested that perhaps a weekend off might be in order for me... They weren’t wrong!

It was by design. This is what they wanted. Reason is so they can shoehorn Kamala Harris into office.
I will be very surprised if they dont give Joe the boot before his term ends.

One of my long lasting side effects of Covid is short term memory loss. I have been a wreck these last few weeks.

One of my long lasting side effects of Covid is short term memory loss. I have been a wreck these last few weeks.
Hope it improves soon HuntingGold, keep is abreast please.

I don’t think my short term memory loss is temporary? It seems it becomes worse when I stay here on AH too long. Ha! Ha! Ha! In all seriousness though, my wife and I both had Covid in early December. I think it has truly compromised her short term memory. I have noticed my sense of taste and smell is still compromised. Hang in there though, at least we’re still alive and kicking and able to harass others here on AH!

My cousin is going through that, she calls in Covid Brain. The other day she went to pour a cup of coffee but forgot to put the cup out. Coffee all over her counter! Hope things improve for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg