Ugliest Rifle

Do you wear a wrist brace when shooting them?
No wrist brace but for some of the really severe kickers I wear wheelchair gloves that have thin pieces of gell foam over contact points. Grip shape and angle matters a lot. the .400 H&H is worse than my .416 Ruger because I can only fit 3 fingers on the .400. A .458 winchester I shoot hurts becasue of the grip shape. They are an acquired taste!
 
I had a friend who hunted deer with a Thompson Contender with a 45/70 barrel. I can attest that beast was singularly uncivilized. Had I not been wearing a fedora My noggin would have required stitches.
I have a contender in 45/70. This BFR is also 45/70.
Boddington Buff- still dazed.JPG
 
Recoil on either of those has to be impressive, not to mention the muzzle flash.
Muzzle flash isn't too bad but the concussion can be savage. Good hearing protection is a must!
 
YOU WIN, EVERYONE ELSE MIGHT AS WELL STAY HOME ON THIS THREAD!!!!
I don’t like the embellishments but I’m sure they meant well when they done it
 
Hey mate,
I don't really think it's ugly – and as far as a Tikka goes, I think it looks alright... (y)
Is that a good or a bad thing?

I like Tikkas because they work but I do appreciate a traditional looking rifle.

Except this one, this one is Pretty.

IMG_0525.jpeg
 
I don't have ugly rifles, so i can't post pics. Ugliest rifles for me would be the Blasers (for their lines), the Browning BLR (which looks like a child's misshapen drawing of a Winchester levergun,) the Semprio (which my eyes always read as "Semipro") for the same, anything that smacks of military combat (there was a reason our forerunners had them "sporterized" - cos they're mostly all butt-ugly, then and even more so now.) Obvious laminates (like the Ruger Guide Gun.) Also, anything plastic. Going into the field with a plastic gun is like wearing trackpants/"crocs"/old sneakers & t-shirt to your wedding. A person should have more respect, for themselves and for the field, for the game (I mean the game in the larger sense, but yes, for the quarry too) than to carry a plastic gun. I do hear that many of these arms i've mentioned function superbly and i'd certainly hope so, but i'll never get to that point of knowing.
 
Last edited:
PXL_20260401_201344243.jpg

Marlin 1896. Oldest repeating action design with tang safety that I know of. Cycles smooth as a D-8 Cat. A shell jamming masterpiece. The added brazed plumbing pipe for replacement fixed choke is a nice touch. Marlin had a knack for designing guns that kicked like hell. Most of these clunkers were recycled into fruit cans in short order.

Correction: The button on the "tang" is actually on top of back end of receiver. It is for opening the chamber. Safety design is "widow maker" style inside the trigger guard. This shotgun actually requires two hands to cycle. No exaggeration!
 
Last edited:
Ugly girls are like mopeds.

They can be lots of fun, until one of your friends sees you with one.



(I just buy pretty rifles, that don't always shoot accurately)
 
Is that a good or a bad thing?

I like Tikkas because they work but I do appreciate a traditional looking rifle.

Except this one, this one is Pretty.

View attachment 756531

I think that looks alright! (y)
In a cool cartridge too (y)

You know, I've never owned a Tikka, not that I think they're bad rifles, but just a few things that aren't to my personal taste, i.e., a detachable mag and the general styling...
But I've never met anyone that has said their Tikka isn't accurate, and I'm sure that if I used one for a while, it would grow on me.

Hey, when you hunted with me, your .280AI, that was a Tikka, wasn't it?

Russ
 
I think that looks alright! (y)
In a cool cartridge too (y)

You know, I've never owned a Tikka, not that I think they're bad rifles, but just a few things that aren't to my personal taste, i.e., a detachable mag and the general styling...
But I've never met anyone that has said their Tikka isn't accurate, and I'm sure that if I used one for a while, it would grow on me.

Hey, when you hunted with me, your .280AI, that was a Tikka, wasn't it?

Russ

Yes, and the image is from that hunt.

It has the Carbon Fibre stock and C/F wrapped barrel.

I got a few good deals and it came together for me.

I recall your recent post about detachable magazines. There is a chance to lose them or even forget to pack them from home. In some instances on foot the solution might be a second magazine with spare ammo.

The 7x64 is for the wife and it was also a good buy so that’s where the modularity of Tikkas has worked for swapping stocks and configuring them to my taste.

I actually want to hunt with the Pink one as I like the Bell and Carlson stock. I’m not to vein to carry a pink rifle but I don’t want people to mistake it for a 6.5 Creedmoor I would never live it down.


Victorian Fallow.jpeg
 
I actually want to hunt with the Pink one as I like the Bell and Carlson stock. I’m not to vein to carry a pink rifle but I don’t want people to mistake it for a 6.5 Creedmoor I would never live it down.
Nar you’ll be fine just tell em “NO of course not……it’s a .243”!!:ROFLMAO:
 
Nobody will love you like a fat girl!!!
Speaking of ugly love, how to have sex with a cougar? Thumb through the wrinkles till you smell shit. Gone too far. Go back one.

Now that I'm old and single and in that age group, I wonder what jokes the young dollies are telling about me? "He better get his hands out of his pants pockets. His blood pressure can't take that much excitement." :D
 
To me anything wearing a black plastic stock is ugly. But not as ugly as a Moisin Nagant.
Yes the Moisin is ugly but they worked & the Lee Endfield is sort of ugly & it was the bolt action greatest battle rifle of all time . To me the FN sporter M98 of the 1960s, WIN 70, Rem 700 & even the Weatherby mk5
are what rifles should look like
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,718
Members
168,989
Latest member
Robin Gratz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top