Trophy room progress

Paint on the walls, a couple left to go, then final electrical. Hopefully be hanging heads next week!!

20220701_173846.jpg
20220630_205130.jpg

I'm getting excited for you!
I was surprised to see the beams covered and prepped for painting though. I thought they were going to be stained to go well with your wood feature wall.

I'm getting excited for you!
I was surprised to see the beams covered and prepped for painting though. I thought they were going to be stained to go well with your wood feature wall.

Thanks Cam
Bit of a story behind that. They are laminated LVL beams so not the prettiest thing. Unfortunately due to delays, they sat in the weather for a few years and were in pretty rough shape, 2 needed to be replaced altogether, and we were lucky to find them with current material shortages.

So long story short, they were mismatched and weathered. Filling, sanding and painting was the only really viable option unfortunately!

I would have loved hardwood, but I got an African hunt to pay for ;)

Thanks Cam
Bit of a story behind that. They are laminated LVL beams so not the prettiest thing. Unfortunately due to delays, they sat in the weather for a few years and were in pretty rough shape, 2 needed to be replaced altogether, and we were lucky to find them with current material shortages.

So long story short, they were mismatched and weathered. Filling, sanding and painting was the only really viable option unfortunately!

It's looking good anyway!

It's looking good anyway!

Thank you. It'll look a whole lot better in a week. There's 30-something heads to hang, and the boys started construction on the bar today ;)

Thanks Cam

I'm glad to know you have your priorities straight! When you get it all done, post a picture with your favorite beverage and I'll raise my glass to toast you. It is really looking sharp.

I'm glad to know you have your priorities straight! When you get it all done, post a picture with your favorite beverage and I'll raise my glass to toast you. It is really looking sharp.

Thank you, I sure will. There will be more than a couple consumed in there once it's done ;)

Man, I envy you. Land is very expensive here. Your trophy room could be someone's apartment over here.

Very nice to watch the progress. Excited for when the trophies get installed.

Nice Tim - well done!

Beautiful

It is looking great! Just a thought, maybe consider painting the beams a nice masculine color. Something like a hunter green, to add color to the room, and it would add contrast against the "wood wall" as well. Can't wait to continue seeing your room progress.

Well finally folks they are all up!

It's finished barring the floor coverings and A/C which will come later in the year. I still have about 8 or 10 trophies to get mounted when I get the chance.

I look forward to many cold ones in here reliving great memories with friends!

Thanks to those who've followed along. ;)

20220720_130910.jpg
20220720_130928.jpg
20220720_130936.jpg
20220718_215439.jpg
20220720_130947.jpg
20220720_131021.jpg
20220720_131036.jpg
20220720_131057.jpg
20220720_131230.jpg
20220720_131305.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you