Trophy room progress

I am guessing your building codes are far different than ours here in Canada. We have "inspections" for all parts of our builds, wish it was more like yours. Cost me $5K just for permits and my 18" to "proper footing ground" turned into a 50" deep hole that had to be filled and compacted with pit run, plus another $6K. No insulated perimeter pony walls 16" above ground level? Wish we could build without local Gov stealing.

Cant wait to see some inside with memories up pics.

Good job.

MB

Yeah relatively simple here. I had a draftsman mate draw up a full set of plans in exchange for beer. That covered off all the necessary structural requirements. Those plans went to council for approval with a fee of course, from memory around $300.

Council can choose to inspect during the build but that's less likely on a smaller job like this. It helped that the ground was already levelled 15 years ago when the original shed was built. Plus we are on pretty solid limestone.

Cheers
Tim

Well we are essentially at 'lockup' stage now, just needs the external flashings and guttering and the outside is done.

Inside, the electrician is well under way. I'm going to have 8x double LED flouros as base lighting, as well as 5 sets of LED spots to add features.

I've bought all my insulation and will soon start lining the walls with 18mm particleboard before the final drywall, with a pine feature wall on the taller side.

Cheers
Tim

20220214_084707.jpg

Last edited:
loving it !! Fire Pit, yes fire pit :A Camping:

Getting busy inside now. The electrician has all his first fix done for lights, power, and A/C.

I've started insulating and sheeting walls, it's thirsty work in our summer!

20220221_190858.jpg
20220223_171621.jpg

Progress is slowing now as the fiddly work starts. The inside is now mostly sheeted with 18mm board, and the ceiling is battened out so we can now start lining with plasterboard.

Outside my bricklayer has finished my fire pit, just a load of sand required to fill it now before we can christen it!

20220311_173812.jpg
20220306_095830.jpg
20220306_095857.jpg

Looking great Tim! That fire pit was a great idea! :)

I spy a Cooper's glass in this thread.
Nice work.

A few more updates. Fire pit has been well and truly christened...

20220527_173804.jpg
20220527_205225.jpg

Inside, plasterboard is up and being flushed, and we've started on the timber feature walls.

20220528_105537.jpg

20220527_202153.jpg

20220529_153236.jpg

20220529_161703.jpg

Not too far off paint, second fix electrical, and then the exciting part!! ;)

Looking forward to seeing you hang the first trophies Tim!

must say its looking proper
gonna be great when done with some trophies on the walls

This is great! Keep the pics coming!

Glad you ran the wood on the angle. Looks sharp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross