Transit through Amsterdam to Namibia

I'm traveling through Amsterdam with my bow, no field points or broadheads, spoke with the consulate in Washington they said no problem since I was just using the airport as a transition point to SA. Just to be clear I'm still nervous about this trip, I don't want to lose over a $1000.00 in archery equipment.
 
Any fees for travelling KLM with guns?
I was not charged any extra fees for my gun case with KLM. The baggage allowance was 2 (two) checked pieces of baggage, and one carry on. I made sure to register with them at the time of purchase the fact that I would be bringing a rifle and hard case with me. No problem. I was flying with them for the entire journey though (Toronto - Amsterdam - Windhoek) so that may be why there was no extra charge. Price was good too.
 
I'm leaving for Tanzania in two days. Just today received my permit to fly through Amsterdam with firearms. Whew! I used Jennifer at Express Travel and she was fantastic helping me get this permit in possession. Upon my return, I'll do another post. All is right in my world today!
 
I'm leaving for Tanzania in two days. Just today received my permit to fly through Amsterdam with firearms. Whew! I used Jennifer at Express Travel and she was fantastic helping me get this permit in possession. Upon my return, I'll do another post. All is right in my world today!
Been there I tried getting the permit myself but after 8 weeks of BS I finally called Travel Express and Lori jumped right on it,
 
Good luck Rum Runner!
I made the same trip a year ago, smooth sailing all the way. Tanzania is a wonderful place!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,028
Members
168,811
Latest member
Constance5
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top