Transit through Amsterdam to Namibia

I'm traveling through Amsterdam with my bow, no field points or broadheads, spoke with the consulate in Washington they said no problem since I was just using the airport as a transition point to SA. Just to be clear I'm still nervous about this trip, I don't want to lose over a $1000.00 in archery equipment.

Any fees for travelling KLM with guns?
I was not charged any extra fees for my gun case with KLM. The baggage allowance was 2 (two) checked pieces of baggage, and one carry on. I made sure to register with them at the time of purchase the fact that I would be bringing a rifle and hard case with me. No problem. I was flying with them for the entire journey though (Toronto - Amsterdam - Windhoek) so that may be why there was no extra charge. Price was good too.

I'm leaving for Tanzania in two days. Just today received my permit to fly through Amsterdam with firearms. Whew! I used Jennifer at Express Travel and she was fantastic helping me get this permit in possession. Upon my return, I'll do another post. All is right in my world today!

I'm leaving for Tanzania in two days. Just today received my permit to fly through Amsterdam with firearms. Whew! I used Jennifer at Express Travel and she was fantastic helping me get this permit in possession. Upon my return, I'll do another post. All is right in my world today!
Been there I tried getting the permit myself but after 8 weeks of BS I finally called Travel Express and Lori jumped right on it,

Good luck Rum Runner!
I made the same trip a year ago, smooth sailing all the way. Tanzania is a wonderful place!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettS67

Latest profile posts

Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair