Time to unpack a BIG CRATE

beautiful trophies charlie,really nice.

Thanks Edward

That's one beautiful animal Charlie!

Great looking bushbuck

If you don't mind me asking bow much was the shipping on a crate that size?

View attachment 202637
My wife actually had me put him in the dinning room!

lol - she must have read that post about falling down the steps....

Isn't it great when your wife appreciates the taxidermy?

When we were preparing for flooding during Harvey, my wife was most concerned about the taxidermy.

Was at the airport early today to pick up trophies from 2015 and 2016. Had to barrow a trailer from a friend and man did this crate fill it up. The 40 minute drive home was filled with great anticipation! I had to shower and return to the airport to catch a flight on the double. But......I couldn't resist the chance to open the top up and take a quick look inside. I am always amazed with everything Mike at Capricorn taxidermy can get into the space. This crate has an 8' giraffe pedestal mount, a Nyala half mount, a bushbuck full mount, a warthog and a waterbuck shoulder mount, a rifle bag, a giraffe skull, carved giraffe leg bones, book ends from giraffe feet, another set of giraffe leg bones for future projects and a porcupine skull.
I'm really looking forward to getting back home to unpack. It's Christmas in August!

View attachment 199683 View attachment 199684

Holy smoke! You sure had a great hunt or two! Wow!!!!

Great mounts

When we were preparing for flooding during Harvey, my wife was most concerned about the taxidermy.
your wife is brilliant.

Bushbuck looking good! Cant wait to see some more pics!

Beautiful mount! Well done, congrats!!!!

Wife's can be funny at time. My wife bitched at me when I shot my zebra; she is not on any of the pictures with the zebra. Three days later, she was looking at the owner's zebra on the wall, and she turned around and asked me if that's how her zebra was going to look like. I immediately said yes dear, exactly like that one. I went from getting bitched at, to the zebra being hers. Zebra is nicely displayed in our family room. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:

Yes indeed!

Beautiful mount! Well done, congrats!!!!

Wife's can be funny at time. My wife bitched at me when I shot my zebra; she is not on any of the pictures with the zebra. Three days later, she was looking at the owner's zebra on the wall, and she turned around and asked me if that's how her zebra was going to look like. I immediately said yes dear, exactly like that one. I went from getting bitched at, to the zebra being hers. Zebra is nicely displayed in our family room. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL:
In 2015 she was concerned that I was planning to do a head mount of the elephant and mount it in the entrance way! She really wants me to build on to the house or buy a cabin in the mountains to put all the stuff in.

If you don't mind me asking bow much was the shipping on a crate that size?

I couldn't get sea freight so I sent it Quatar airlines.
PM sent

Nothing wrong with building a nice man cave. :LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)

Yes indeed!

In 2015 she was concerned that I was planning to do a head mount of the elephant and mount it in the entrance way! She really wants me to build on to the house or buy a cabin in the mountains to put all the stuff in.
as my wife hunts with me and some of the trophys are hers all the house has got trophys inside almost every room and not in the garage or shed.

as my wife hunts with me and some of the trophys are hers all the house has got trophys inside almost every room and not in the garage or shed.

You are a blessed mam @edward

IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG

So my son Bryson helped me get the Nyala and Waterbuck put on the wall tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
looking good charlie.

I'm liking it! Look forward to more!

You are running out of wall space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg