Thyroid problem? Maybe too long at the feeder? What do you think he weighs

friendswoodmatt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I am attaching 3 pictures of a toad of an axis buck we have every year about this time— first are pics from one of my game cams from last year— the second are from a couple days ago next door to me. I havent checked my cams— its cold and raining today.
Any guesses on what this guy weighs? I know his horns are not great— long beams but crappy caudals and fronts — but still a lot of hide for a rug...

501687DB-EAA8-4025-BFA1-B0E5A924B3A6.jpeg
E9FCEDC9-07D8-424E-B395-9BA080DB630D.jpeg
78779579-060A-4A8D-914F-CAD20BF57BA7.jpeg
2A130356-C417-4C55-8A3D-651C0627CEAE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like he got a jump on his C19 diet.
I might— I just have no room for him in the frreezer right now— we call him Blob
And no one has room in the freezer for that!

I have room in my freezer LOL!!!!

300 lbs? That is a uniquely fat animal. Looks like a Disney cartoon. I bet he grunts when he walks.

I think he might tip the Toledo’s at more than 3 hunsky he’s a portly bastard. I havent seen him person yet — but I suspect he likes groceries, so i could put a few bales of alfalfa out and i bet he would come running — or maybe twinkies and ding dongs

He needs Weight Watchers.

I think he's been hitting the mixed tandoori grill pretty hard. Consider calling him Axis Powers! Got a 210 pounder years ago and thought that was big nothing like the horse you have on your hands. You should consider using a 375 minimum with solids once you clear a path in the freezer...

That’s what happens when you feed them! I’ve got some nice ones in velvet now. Hoping to hunt a few this year.

Smooth. Suave. Debonaire. The ladies come to him during the rut. He doesn’t have to run and chase like those losers. :giggle:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross