The one and only

More a type of hunt for me.

Africa: tracking; elephant, buffalo, eland. Although I haven’t done it, I suspect that a tracking hunt for a wild lion would be outstanding.

North America: spot & stalk; sheep, bear, mule deer, Coues deer.
 
There are several posts about hunting with dogs. Looks like the next thread in this genre of threads should be about which hunting dog to use.:A Big Hello:
 
Bring on the buffalo, the excitement, the tracking, the effort and getting through the thick stuff and all that goes with it! I just love it!
 
In North America, it’s a tough choice between mountain lions and elk (wapiti). Mountain lion are so difficult to hunt on your own. However, it probably narrowly goes to elk due to how good they are to eat and how majestic they are in the field. Bow hunting them during rut just puts level up a notch.

In Africa, too soon to tell. I am trying to hunt the spectrum to see what strikes my fancy. Elephant is definitely the most thrilling to read about. However, leopards sound similar to mountain lions in their elusive cunning, and I love hunting cats. I am definitely looking forward to trying for kudu and eland after hunting gemsbok.

Kevin, you’re making us think too deeply o_O
 
Definitely plains game in Africa and cervidae everywhere else. There are so many species within these families that collecting them all can last several lifetimes.
 
Elephant hunting..very addictive..
 
In Africa, buffalo hunting is definitely addictive, though I have to admit that getting my third, and biggest buffalo this year has cured the addiction for me a little bit.
If I could hunt only one thing, it would probably be doves. I look forward to opening day of dove season in Texas more than anything else and I have more fun hunting doves with friends. Also, it's a lot less stressful than all the travel, rifle permits, etc. etc. that goes with an Africa hunt.
 
In Africa, buffalo hunting is definitely addictive, though I have to admit that getting my third, and biggest buffalo this year has cured the addiction for me a little bit.
If I could hunt only one thing, it would probably be doves. I look forward to opening day of dove season in Texas more than anything else and I have more fun hunting doves with friends. Also, it's a lot less stressful than all the travel, rifle permits, etc. etc. that goes with an Africa hunt.
An unusual choice Chashardy, I hadn't even considered the birds, but if they were thrown in my choice would be the African francolin or spurfowl.
 
Unusual choice.

Wild pheasant are addictive. They are fairly easy to hit, however, late season roosters require more skill and strategy to get up in range than any other game bird I have hunted.
 
Wild pheasant are addictive. They are fairly easy to hit, however, late season roosters require more skill and strategy to get up in range than any other game bird I have hunted.
+1 on being addictive. My favorite gamebird.
 
Oh yes pheasant. The roosters get so wild late season they hear a vehicle door 400 yards away and start flushing! The other "fun" upland game bird that is wild as heck (I believe they are born that way) is the prairie chicken. Pass shooting is tricky enough, kind of like pheasants with a tail wind, but hunting them to flush in their ground is what I would call challenging :)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,934
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top