The double has arrived

At long last my 450/400 3" double is here! I am over joyed, this is a pivotal moment, something I am sure the other double owners on AH experienced too. It was all rather plain sailing, the customs couldn't have been more helpful.
Just in time for the upcomming hunt on the 24th and hopefully it will take it's first buff.
thanks to all of you for your interest and enthusiasm along the way.
View attachment 471583View attachment 471584View attachment 471585
Oh boy congrats and just in time for your hunt!

First impressions:
The rifle is longer than I thought it would be, adds a degree of elegance I think.
The action is really tight, they must work to incredibly close tolerances.
Wood accuracy is great, but I might get the correct checkering tool and clean up in a few places.
The engraving is obviously hand done and adds a really nice human touch, especially the engraving of the logo which I expected to be by lazer, but it is beautifully done by hand.
The balance is very good,
The triggers look great in that shiny bronze finish.
The back trigger breaks differently to the front trigger, there is less takeup on the front trigger and it requires a stronger pull. I think they say as much, but not sure why this should be the case?

Beautiful rifle! Christmas in June! Sounds like the arrival has great timing with the upcoming hunt. As others have requested, pics on a buff would be great.
I really like that rifle stand. Might have to make myself one....

Beautiful rifle! Christmas in June! Sounds like the arrival has great timing with the upcoming hunt. As others have requested, pics on a buff would be great.
I really like that rifle stand. Might have to make myself one....
Yes they are great, made by Melville and Moon, folds flat and has a canvas and leather carrying strap. Come in 5, 7 and 9 rifle variants.

Great things come to those of us who patiently wait; may I suggest taking all three in the first photo to the big A with you ?

Beautiful Rifle

Yes they are great, made by Melville and Moon, folds flat and has a canvas and leather carrying strap. Come in 5, 7 and 9 rifle variants.
Congrats Kevin for this new toy ! We hope for him and you many great adventures !

And Melvill & Moon is a great and beautiful brand for those who love the oldies times of Africa

Congratulations Kevin, may that rifle only bring joy to you!

I know the painstaking wait for a rifle in the Southern African Beaurocricy. We must plan a .450-400 hunt in the near future. A good friend just aquired a 3” Jefferey. I reckon an honest hunt for kudu, Nyala, Impala warthog and a buff will be parr for the course in northern Zululand

At long last my 450/400 3" double is here! I am over joyed, this is a pivotal moment, something I am sure the other double owners on AH experienced too. It was all rather plain sailing, the customs couldn't have been more helpful.
Just in time for the upcomming hunt on the 24th and hopefully it will take it's first buff.
thanks to all of you for your interest and enthusiasm along the way.
View attachment 471583
The first I saw on this picture was the Messerschmitt Me 262!

Finally I found the double too.

Congratulation to both, excellent taste...

HWL

The first I saw on this picture was the Messerschmitt Me 262!

Finally I found the double too.

Congratulation to both, excellent taste...

HWL
Well done On your double HWL! My grandson plays with my models, so few are still intact. The ME262 is one of my all time favourite planes, it was so ahead of it's time.

Beautiful rifle! Now, more importantly, can you get your hands on any ammo or components??

Wow Kevin! That is just magnificent. A double rifle becomes a part of you, and I wish that she will keep you safe in your journey forward.

Congratulations.

Looks nice. I am still waiting on my .450-400 barrels for the Kgun. They may not arrive in time for my next safari. We will see.

Kevin congratulation on the new addition to the hunting arms. Hyem make a great product, that will server you a life time. Look forward to reading your hunt reports and seeing the pictures leaning against a cape buff.

I am going to try this beauty out on Saturday, open sights, then fitting a Kahles red dot to compare. If any of you have fitted a Kahles to an 89b, what base did you use? I got mine from Rusan and everything lines up, but there is a little hex head stud that sits slightly proud between the base and the dovetail - i assume this is a recoil arrestor that is meant to protrude into the hole on the rib? Problem is it is nowhere near that hole. All I can do is remove it.

Hmm, don’t take a chance of it slipping and marring that beautiful rifle. Better to stick to irons I’d it doesn’t mate up properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg