machinistbutler

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
Just returned from the post office, will share a few pics! Wood is nicer than I hoped! Hopefully I can take some pics outside soon.

Merkel 140 AE , 470 Nitro Express. Two sets of wood. Have a bunch of woodleighs and swift a frame to load up . I can see the sights ok, I think I will still plan on setting up a dot/reflex sight.

Hope you enjoy a few pictures
PXL_20210518_181345237.jpg
PXL_20210518_181359536.jpg
PXL_20210518_181808049.jpg
PXL_20210518_182216275.jpg
PXL_20210518_182317074.jpg
PXL_20210518_182708138.jpg

WOW!! what a stunning piece of wood. Reminds me of some of Von Gruff's knife handles. LOL Does the AE in the rifle's Model Number stand for AWESOME EXAMPLE??

I am really impressed with the wood, thanks for the nice comment! Never thought I would own a double in my life, but this site and the people on it really made it seem like they are within reach if you plan for it!

Not quite sure what the test target shows, I can only see one hole. Reaffirms why I may need a reflex site lol.

PXL_20210518_185040491.jpg

Yep - stunning. Why the redundant stock?
The original owner wasnt happy with the factory wood so he ordered a new set of grade 8 direct from Merkel , apparently was a little pricey. I am just happy I had the opportunity to purchase it for a reasonable price!

Just returned from the post office, will share a few pics! Wood is nicer than I hoped! Hopefully I can take some pics outside soon.

Merkel 140 AE , 470 Nitro Express. Two sets of wood. Have a bunch of woodleighs and swift a frame to load up . I can see the sights ok, I think I will still plan on setting up a dot/reflex sight.

Hope you enjoy a few pictures
View attachment 402667View attachment 402668View attachment 402669View attachment 402670View attachment 402671View attachment 402672
Waw she is gorgeous! Congratulations @machinistbutler

But I have to say... I still remain amazed by what you guys in the US/Canada can get away with sending through the postal service... :D

Absolutely stunning wood and a classic calibre. What more could you want? Oh . . . lots of opportunities to use it!

Enjoy your new rifle! Let us know how she shoots.

That is a truly lovely rifle. I know you can make it shoot.

I have heard a few comments on why does Merkel use a plastic grip cap on a rifle that is a bit expensive one would think they would put something nicer on.

I have also heard it is so the purchaser can put their own custom cap on. I wasn't sure what this one had, the original stock did indeed have plastic, but the fancy stock has a beautiful wood cap, reminds me of desert ironwood I use on some of my knife scales. Pleased it isn't plastic.
PXL_20210518_192153365.jpg

Beauty!!!

Congrats on the new addition!

I am really impressed with the wood, thanks for the nice comment! Never thought I would own a double in my life, but this site and the people on it really made it seem like they are within reach if you plan for it!

Not quite sure what the test target shows, I can only see one hole. Reaffirms why I may need a reflex site lol.

View attachment 402673
Maybe Merkel was short of ammo . Or, more likely that is both barrels, ask them.
But oh WOW that is one beautiful double. Cngratulations MB, this is the beginning of great things.

That is an absolutely gorgeous rifle, looks like a good shooter too, congratulations

Beautiful, enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross