The 404 Jeffery history and related information

Wonderful collection thank you for posting
And yes I have one built on a Winchester controlled round model 70
One in chamber 3 down loaded to 230f0s 400grtsx sub moa at 200 yds

Von Gruff, this is probably the most "likes" I ever put after your name..this is evidence of a researcher "par excellence" done by a great person like you about a great caliber like the 404 Jeffery..thank you very much (y)(y)

Von Gruff, I would suggest you maybe add a chapter about the numerous other calibers the venerable 404 Jeffery stood for as a parent case...I would be glad to mail you the history of the Imperial Magnum development done by the proprietor of the Imperial Magnum, Aubrey White residing in Canada...his designs was later copied by companies like Remington, Winchester. I really think such a chapter will be extremely informative, supporting the images /versatility of the great 404 Jeffery ...

Von Gruff, I would suggest you maybe add a chapter about the numerous other calibers the venerable 404 Jeffery stood for as a parent case...I would be glad to mail you the history of the Imperial Magnum development done by the proprietor of the Imperial Magnum, Aubrey White residing in Canada...his designs was later copied by companies like Remington, Winchester. I really think such a chapter will be extremely informative, supporting the images /versatility of the great 404 Jeffery ...
I have put up what I have gert so you are free to add whatever you have that specifically pertains to the 404 Jeffery itself.

Von Gruff, will this include the "parent case " of the 404 Jeffery derivatives? I just want to make sure of this ....the info I think relevant to the 404 Jeffery is the first time ( stand to be corrected) the 404 Jeffery brass case was used un-altered /un-modified , only the neck part being altered to fit different chambers of different caliber dimensions?? Would that be except-able for your thread??

Von Gruff, will this include the "parent case " of the 404 Jeffery derivatives? I just want to make sure of this ....the info I think relevant to the 404 Jeffery is the first time ( stand to be corrected) the 404 Jeffery brass case was used un-altered /un-modified , only the neck part being altered to fit different chambers of different caliber dimensions?? Would that be except-able for your thread??
Certainly Gert anything 404 related, rifles or brass.

I am still awaiting an answer of Aubrey White in regards to my email I send to him asking his permission to upload the history of his Imperial Magnum caliber design Von Gruff...I want his permission first since I did get all the history from him for my own purposes and uses but not to make it public...I believe it should be done this way since it is his Intellectual property(y)(y)...

A great article Von Gruff, I hope for their sake that it inspires a whole new round of 404 Jeffery buyers. However with your permission I'd like to reiterate that your accuracy load of 84 Gr. of H4350 /AR 2209 pushing a 400 Gr. projectile (yours being a Woodleigh and mine being a Swift A Frame) achieves a velocity of 2300 FPS and produces MOA or better groups. I have passed your load on to a number of other AH members. To date every one of them has been more than satisfied / happy with it.

Good, I did receive a positive answer from Aubrey White in regards to upload the documentation in regards to the origin /development of the Imperial Magnum calibers ....(y)(y)

As indicated previously, I would like if we can add a chapter to the great information received about the history of the great 404 Jeffery /10.75 x 73 caliber ...some reading /research done previously due to me acquiring a 404 Jeffery as a hunting rifle with a great history and became my favorite hunting rifle gave me insight in how many other calibers is based on the 404 Jeffery brass case ...The most original being the Imperial Magnum design..where a range of calibers was designed with no modification to the original 404 Jeffery brass...just necking up or down to chamber different calibers with great performances..witch is an indication as is with thoroughbreds , the 404 Jeffery case has great thoroughbred history in it`s design features..here members are documentation of the 404 Jeffery parent case success...
upload_2020-5-5_15-35-52.png

I bought the .338 Imperial Magnum reamer/re-loading dies and Gauges from Aubrey to make sure the rifle I will be building will have an exceptional history behind it..(y)(y)

@Von Gruff thank you for sharing the articles. The 404 is one of my 3 favourite bolt gun rounds. I built one on a Ruger RMS years ago and it shot well, however I needed some $$$ to fund a double purchase and sold it to a member here on AH. Last year I found I missed having one so I built another that I finished during this current stay at home mess. I have shot it a few times and it is a joy to handle and shoot.

I also thank you for the mauser magazine box configuration calculation formula I have used it a couple times since you first posted it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg