Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
Two buddies and I want to head to Texas in late April. One guy wants a trophy Bison, the other wants to shoot feral pigs. I am looking for a cow bison or cow Nilgai meat hunt.

We would like a facility that connects us easily with a butcher that can process and ship the meat, and taxidermy the Bison.

Thinking of hunting 2 full days and 3 nights. Looking for accommodations on the ranch as well. Definitely don’t want a lot of fences - want to work hard for the animals. That noted, I can easily cover 10+ miles on foot a day but 5 miles might be if for my friends. We will probably split up during the day.

Any suggestions I can pass on to my friend that is planning this?

Contact @gizmo I believe he could work this out for you

I would be very glad to help you with that hunt. Please feel free to contact me and I garauntee we can accommodate all of your needs. Send me a pm or if you’d like I can send you one with all of my contact info. We have everything you are looking for.

I would be very glad to help you with that hunt. Please feel free to contact me and I garauntee we can accommodate all of your needs. Send me a pm or if you’d like I can send you one with all of my contact info. We have everything you are looking for.

Pm sent

@gizmo is the Right TX outfit to visit with on here.

Fired up! Three (maybe 4) of us from AZ will joining @gizmo in TX this April. Aoudad and pigs for me, meat buffalo and pigs for one of my buddies and pigs and a European boar for the third. Thinking a .270 Winchester is just about right for the Aoudad and my .444 Marlin will get the nod for the hogs. Any other suggestions?

With the Aoudad the 270 shooting Barnes TTSX 140 grain will certainly prove to be good medicine!

For the Bison this will be helpful
C48EEE8D-9259-4DD5-804A-BEFDF76A76F5.jpeg

Should be a blast! Bison can be tough. Hit mine with a 338. Took several to keep him down.

eehhhhhh,

a .444 will likely bounce off a bison, you should shoot it with a 45/70! ;)

have a fun hunt!

Hit them right and they go right down.
Dropped my running bison with one shot from my 1886 .45-90.
Mighty good eating, but now is all gone.!

Going on an exotic ranch cull hunt early this March and Bison is on my list too. Will be shooting my .405 WCF DR this time. May pop a few feral hogs too.

eehhhhhh,

a .444 will likely bounce off a bison, you should shoot it with a 45/70! ;)

have a fun hunt!

No bison for me, but my buddy is planning on a bow or a 45/70 for his.

.444 is for pigs!

Actually the .444 Marlin is capable of dropping a bison provided that you use the correct bullet for it and hit the animal in the vitals.

A 265 grain bullet out of it at 2300fps has more power than a .45-70 and a 405 grain bullet at 1300fps.

I have seen numerous bison killed with everything from a .270 up to a .416 Remington and the majority died with just one shot.

Flat8, don’t forget to share your hunt with us! This is going to be a fun hunt I think!

If you don’t want to haul all that bison meat back home.... I’ll gladly take it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross