Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
I am pretty glare intolerant, I find it uncomfortable to be out in bright light to the point of not being able to open my eyes. So for decades I have worn sunglasses, and tried all sorts. My ultimate are Serengeti driver type, for clarity and even dull light definition enhancement. So for me sunglasses are more or less a must on a hunt. What do you find?

I am one who wears sunglasses at home or traveling when bright and sunny. I do however take them off while stalking in for the shot while hunting. Typically while hunting I have the tether strap where you can hold your glasses around you neck when you take them off.

I have found great clarity and performance out of Costa, Maui Jim, and Ray ban.

Oakley's with polarized lenses. I get a headache in sunny conditions without them. But on the stalk, I take them off, don't want to alert animals with a glare coming off the glasses.

absolutely sunglasses. I wear polarized prescription ray-bans. Would far prefer a wrap-around style, but my prescription is so strong that it is essentially impossible in a curved lens. Always a brimmed hat with sunglasses- if not, sun comes in over the top of the frames.

I wear sun glasses normally. When there is a gun in my hand I wear shooting glasses that automatically adjust based on light. Left lens +0.75, right lens clear (left handed). Otherwise I don't see the front sight clearly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 10.50.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 10.50.33 AM.png
    461.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 10.50.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 10.50.38 AM.png
    522 KB · Views: 121
I wear them for driving. I use polarized clipons over my glasses. I don't wear any for hunting. My glasses are photogray and darken in sunlight. If I wear sunglasses over them they are too dark for hunting.

I wore various oakleys for years (got used to them in the military.. and just kept the habit)... but started buying Smith a few years ago and found I like them better... ANSI rated protection that exceeds the MIL standard for shatter/breakage/etc.. outstanding UVA and UVB protection... and priced pretty decently (in line with oakley and other comparable brands)..

These are my current choice.. great for driving, or out on the water fishing, or on the outdoor range, etc..etc..

I wear sun glasses normally. When there is a gun in my hand I wear shooting glasses that automatically adjust based on light. Left lens +0.75, right lens clear (left handed). Otherwise I don't see the front sight clearly.

Just tried my regular prescription glasses, they blur the front sight. I really want to try a couple of power ones but can you imagine walking into the pharmacy with my double, that would get more of a reaction than no mask.

I have shown up at the optometrist with my bow in hand. Tried different rx till I could see my sight pin.

I did the same thing. I brought several of my red dot scopes to my ophthalmologist and tried different lenses to try and help with my astigmatism. I found one combo of lens and color that helped some, but I look like an 80 year old man who buys sunglasses off a midday TV ad.

I wear photochromatic prescription glasses (grey). When it is seems exceptionally bright, I switch to polarized prescription glasses.

I have never worn sunglasses except in bright snow. Never worn them shooting. I wear clear lenses in my shooting glasses.

I also wear photochromatic prescription glasses, grey, and a wide brimmed hat.

I wear Persol sunglasses fitted with a slight prescription and light brown tint. The frames fold up smaller than a pack of cigarettes and fit in a shirt pocket.

I wear Rudy project Rydon with a rx for shooting glasses. Come with 5 lens. One lens goes from clear to dark during the day. That’s the one I hunt with. Work great for shooting rifle plus have a small area on bottom of lens with a bifocal area so I can still do things up close.

I always were some type of sunglasses when hunting especially if bright sunshine. On the safaris I have done I wear them when we are driving or sight seeing. When we leave the truck to start a walk or stalk they come off and into my pocket they go. I prefer Costa’s over others.

Yes for me - always. Polarized lenses. Smith, Oakley, Under Armour, or Bolle. Keeps dust, etc. out of my contacts also. With a lanyard, generally a Cablez strap so they stay handy when I'm not wearing them.

Oakley's with polarized lenses. I get a headache in sunny conditions without them. But on the stalk, I take them off, don't want to alert animals with a glare coming off the glasses.

Wear the mirrored lenses. The animals see themselves and will let you walk right up to them.:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois