Splitting Image...?

Axle2010

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
How many here have used Splitting Image? I read a few threads but they're several years old and I know businesses can go through huge changes in that time. Any recent customers? They're who my outfitter suggests I use.

They did my taxidermy work from my 2021 safari with KMG. Completely satisfied with them and the process from drop off by the outfitter to the crate arriving at my front door. Their communications were timely and spot on keeping me in the loop on how my trophies were proceeding through the processes. They currently have our 2022 KMG safari for taxidermy.

I used them in 2021-2022 for dip and pack services as well as transfer to Badger cargo for export. Good results and communication all around.

Well sounds good so far. I've seen several of their videos and results on YouTube but obviously they'll only show their best stuff there.

Have 15 mounts that are finished waiting on shipping. Hope to let you know the results soon. Communication was excellent and they are very accommodating as far as custom work goes.

Don't have the animals back yet, but I am so far very happy with their communication and willingness to answer my 1000 and 1 questions

I am using for dip and pack and they are carving 2 skulls for us ok so far . Nothing back yet.
Image1673089108.154603.jpg

I am using for dip and pack and they are carving 2 skulls for us ok so far . Nothing back yet. View attachment 509777
Man that skull is awesome! I didn't know they did that. How you don't mind me stealing it though, I was planning on getting a Warthog just skull mounted but the carving is much better. I've seen it in bison and wasn't too have it done if my dad and I can get one this fall.

Man that skull is awesome! I didn't know they did that. How you don't mind me stealing it though, I was planning on getting a Warthog just skull mounted but the carving is much better. I've seen it in bison and wasn't too have it done if my dad and I can get one this fall.

That is the sample . I hope mine turns out as well! Here is the one my son is doing on his antelope.
Image1673188611.268916.jpg

Take long look at their magazine and website. Like 2 cups of coffee long . There is a lot of cool stuff they can do . The downside is that it will delay your trophy shipment by a few months . In Brandon’s economy it will give me time to pay the bills!

How many here have used Splitting Image? I read a few threads but they're several years old and I know businesses can go through huge changes in that time. Any recent customers? They're who my outfitter suggests I use.
Good Evening Axel2010,

Our Sales team and owner is currently in the USA and would be happy to give you a call and discuss any questions you may have. We will be at the Houston Safari Club and SCI in Nashville should you be at any of those shows, it would be great to meet with you.

Take long look at their magazine and website. Like 2 cups of coffee long . There is a lot of cool stuff they can do . The downside is that it will delay your trophy shipment by a few months . In Brandon’s economy it will give me time to pay the bills!
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'm not in a rush and it'll give me a bit more time to build back up after the trip. That's one reason I'm hoping to go every two years too, if I tried to go every year I wouldn't even have trophies from the year before. I do love those carved skulls though.

I received my crate today from Splitting Image Taxidermy. Animals taken June of 21 with KMG. My fourth hunt in SA so my fourth crate in the last 10 years. Sturdiest and best built crate so far. Also the longest wait for animals to get to me. All look good looking in from the top. Will see as I get them out.

On the surface your trophies look pretty darn good and that bushbuck in the back left corner looks like a giant. Looking forward to seeing them on the wall!

On the surface your trophies look pretty darn good and that bushbuck in the back left corner looks like a giant. Looking forward to seeing them on the wall!
Im hoping to get them on the wall this weekend. The bushbuck is the old ladies trophy and I’m planning to have mine and hers next to each other. I did write up a hunting report in June of 21 of our ten days at KMG which has a picture of Lucy and her buck. Marius has also posted the picture a few times in some his posts.

I used them for dip & pack only and had them ship (via the Customs broker) to the tannery, who subsequently shipped to the taxidermist once the hides were tanned. Splitting Image included a CD-ROM showing each of the trophies and the contents of the crate. Here is a photo of the crate, before it was shipped from RSA.

Crate.jpg

It all looks well packed and everything in order. My only concern is that the kudu horns and warthog tusks are considerably darker and drier than the actual animal (as compared to the photos taken on safari) but I'm thinking that the taxidermist will rectify that.

All-in-all, I had a good experience with their dip & pack service. Although I would have had them carve the warthog skull had I known that they offered that service.

I really wouldn't want my skulls and horns rattling around in a crate all the way from Africa like that. Did they arrive broken packed like that?
Sorry just never seen items tossed in a crate that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.