Splitting Image...?

Sorry, but where do you see any mention of broken horns?
That's my question did they arrive in good shape ?....
The question was aimed at troubleshooter. He said photo was taken before shipment from RSA

Last edited:
That's my question did they arrive in good shape ?....
The question was aimed at troubleshooter. He said photo was taken before shipment from RSA

Yes, they arrived in good condition. I suspect that they took that photo (along with several others) to show me what was in the crate, and subsequently wrapped the contents. That's based on another photo which apparently did not post correctly, showing the wrapped kudu skull. I cannot say how everything was wrapped, as the shipment went to the tannery and then to the taxidermist. But what I saw at the taxidermist's was all in order.

I had a pretty decent experience with Splitting Image. My hunt was June of 2021, the timeline given to me was 10 to 12 months, it took 18 months. The other people in my group (8 of them) are still waiting on their trophies and it's been 24 months.

I experienced pretty good communication from Splitting Image, the other folks in my group have not.

I had issues with Badger Cargo and there were several things not explained when they came out to the outfitter to talk with our group and give us pricing. So what started as a 9.5k taxidermy bill quickly rose to 14k and then another 8k in shipping costs which were unexpected. We were told that all of our trophies could ship in the same container in separate crates to help us save on freight costs... this is obviously not the case and everyone's trophies seem to be shipping at different times with maximum hit on the pocket book and maximum profit for Badger Caro which I'm sure a portion ends up in the taxidermist's pocket.

The animals look great. No doubt about the quality of their work. The communication could be much better (at least for the 9 other hunters in my group). The full explanation of costs, fees, etc could be better explained and I've told my contacts there all of the things I'm typing now.

I just got back from my second safari and I'm spending days on this forum reading everyone's experiences to try and decide who to send my animals to. I like Splitting Image's work, but the price and the experience may not be worth it again.

My 2 cents.

Hunters and Collectors in Port Elizabeth did a nice job on my eleven skulls, two tanned capes, and two tanned hides. Horns all removed and packed very efficiently. I have a couple of quotes from shippers @ around $700 to Toronto. I will pick up the box there and take it through customs then drive two days to get home. It's been ten months. They have had some problems getting the paperwork down from North Cape where I shot Barbary sheep, red lechwe, and big springbuck. Heard from her yesterday and it should be finished before Friday. Stuff looks very good in the photos and videos of hides being unfolded. Nice people to deal with. Had a VERY bad experience with previous taxidermist and shipper. Not Splitting Image. The other guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,