Some not so common Handguns

IMG_2342.jpeg

My Webley & Scott Model 1921 in .32 ACP. It saved my life once in 1976.

I was supposed to inherit an xp-100 in .221fireball from my old man down the road but current legislation makes that illegal here in Canada. I’m stuck with only a 422 smith an Wesson personally here and hoping the laws get changed so I don’t loose dads.

Another "unusual" handgun, I suppose, is my dress pistol. If in a business suit or tux, one ought to also wear an appropriate firearm. My Walther PPK in .380.

View attachment 580254
Very nice! My late father had a somewhat similar looking one in his collection; my older brother has it now. We don't know the history of how Dad came to acquire it.

IMG_9330.jpg

IMG_9331.jpg

IMG_4730.jpeg

Ruger Hawkeye Single Shot, 256 Win Mag only made 1963-64. Around 3075 or so produced, many got molested when the owners changed to a different cartridge.

A friend of mine in Tucson tuned up these three and then re-gripped them for me. The two on the belt are pre-ban ivory. The other is giraffe leg bone. I don't shoot these very much, mostly just practice spinning them (I'm not very good at it).
IMG_8683.JPG

Perhaps some day I'll be as good as this guy. Okay, probably not. But we all need goals.

Not counting my muzzleloaders, this would be my favorite "handgun", especially for home defense (and when suppressed).
IMG_4608.jpg

A friend of mine in Tucson tuned up these three and then re-gripped them for me. The two on the belt are pre-ban ivory. The other is giraffe leg bone. I don't shoot these very much, mostly just practice spinning them (I'm not very good at it).
View attachment 605521

Perhaps some day I'll be as good as this guy. Okay, probably not. But we all need goals.

Reminds me of Ringo and Doc Holiday in the movie Tombstone.

Who built those? Hamilton Bowen? What are the chamberings?
Top one is a 500 Linebaugh built by John Linebaugh, then a 45 Colt conversion off a small frame frame flat top by David Clements Dall Sheep stocks, then the same 500L with a 475 Linebaugh also by John L, and then the little octagon barreled boomer is a 475 Linebaugh by Dustin Linebaugh.

The birds head gripped gun is a Texas Longhorn Arms Border Special.

Very nice! My late father had a somewhat similar looking one in his collection; my older brother has it now. We don't know the history of how Dad came to acquire it.

View attachment 605490

View attachment 605491
Very nice pistol and I appreciate the Freemason square & compass. My grandfather was a 33rd degree Freemason who had 75+ years in the Scottish Rite.

A couple of old revolvers here. A Colt Police Positive Special from 1913 in .38 S&W and an H&R from the 40s (I think) in .32 S&W Long. Both get a trip to the range from time to time - I don't own any safe queens.

Colt Police Positive.jpg
H&R .32.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_6826.jpeg

Bought this at an auction, primarily because it would look cool amongst all the gun paraphernalia in a curio cabinet and partly because it was a pistol that a friends great grandfather had given him as a gift when he was a young boy. He had no attachment to it but I wanted to be able to pass it to my boys knowing that it was passed to their grandfather by their great, great grandfather which had came by wagon train out west.
I am far from knowledgeable on guns of this era, all I know is that it is in piss poor shape, and is a 1861Colt Navy Pistol, serial No. 8994, 32 caliber, manufactured in 1862. Thought it also belongs in this thread.

Last edited:
No Webleys of the British Empire?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyDunfor

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani