Some knives I made lately

One of the one on the picture finished:
thumbnail_20200423_134456.jpg
thumbnail_20200423_134437.jpg
thumbnail_20200423_134628.jpg

The handle is darker in reality than on the picture.

I don't make blades my selves.
It is a Swedish made blade and I have seen more and
more blades like that.
One use is to lift the coffee kettle out of the fire.
It could also be that it gives a bit better angle when
opening upp game.
Or else it is just a cool design!:)

Those are beautiful looking knifes!

outstanding as usual!!!

ive bought 4 of peters knives,used paypal,no problem,no cost,just need his e mail,and he needs yours.

A beaver skiner:
:
thumbnail_20200427_190959 - kopia.jpg

And a few new :
thumbnail_20200501_124805.jpg
thumbnail_20200501_125223.jpg
thumbnail_20200501_125302.jpg
thumbnail_20200501_125326.jpg

Some 375 H&H for comparison.

i do love your knives.beautiful.

And the two last ones:
thumbnail_20200503_130542.jpg
thumbnail_20200503_130610.jpg

beautiful!!!

Finished three beaver tail knives today:
thumbnail_20200515_174456.jpg
thumbnail_20200515_174411.jpg

Maybe more odd than beautiful!
The blades are hand forged laminated carbon steel.
That method have been used here sins we started to use steel.

peter,
I believe the Vikings brought that technology back from places like Constantinople,
they travelled along rivers from Russia, overlanded their boats into other rivers, and down into the black sea.
their swords made this way were superior to those of the Britons and French at the time, making them deadly in their raiding and invading.
where the arabs/turks learned how to laminate steel who knows.
bruce.

further thought on viking blades.
the laminated blades they made were in the iron age.
at that time, bronze swords were superior to basic iron ones, but iron was cheaper to make and repair.
the forging process required to make laminated blades, unknown to people at the time, introduced carbon into the blades, making them more like steel, far superior to iron.
of course modern technology can put a known amount of carbon into iron to make a repeatable alloy of whatever is required for the job.
hand forging laminated steel produces a variable product, possibly inferior to factory made steel.
in the days of the Vikings, if your sword did not bend or snap and your enemy's did you were probably the survivor.
this was never a problem with knives, as they did a different job.
today, quality steel of a known alloy mix is probably a superior material to make good consistent blades from, particularly with modern controlled heat treatment.
an interesting aside regarding metal development is the battle of Agincourt.
we are led to believe that the English won due to use of the English longbow.
this is far from the truth, as the English arrow heads, knwn as bodkins, were soft iron, and mushroomed or bent when they hit French armour plate.
this is because French, german and Italian armour makers had evolved forging to introduce carbon into iron, and their plate was very tough.
the French knights actuall got stuck in the mud and were drowned by their own knd walking on them or were killed by English archers using mallets.
bruce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross