Show us your Blaser

@BeeMaa , let’s not start on the 6.5Trend-more I have not gone down that path, Im not drinking Latte, wearing a Man Bun or going Vegan anytime either. Buying a Creedmore might be the lesser evil here. It was not designed for hunting and I am infatuated with my 7mm-08 so much that I am having a .280ai built.

There will be no Fuk#*g Break on it, Give me a Brake already. I would not be welcome in Africa if I turned up with my carry on and carry with a Broked rifle.

Maybe Blaser will produce a 6.5 barrel for the converts and the hipsters.

Strasser has .375 Ruger. They are neat guns and very similar.
Thanks for posting your “Sick Rig” Phillip,
I’ve watched that before and watched again,

I like the look of the Strasser and the Tulip forend but it peaks out at .375 Ruger as you say.

I think it was @Red Leg who explained the benefits and History of Sting Ray leather and how it came to be on sporting arms.

I would like to do a driven hunt. That’s where a Blaser might really come into its own with quick follow ups. .35 Whelen might be the go, various times hunting pigs a straight pull would be beneficial when you get near a mob.

@BeeMaa , let’s not start on the 6.5Trend-more I have not gone down that path, Im not drinking Latte, wearing a Man Bun or going Vegan anytime either. Buying a Creedmore might be the lesser evil here. It was not designed for hunting and I am infatuated with my 7mm-08 so much that I am having a .280ai built.

There will be no Fuk#*g Break on it, Give me a Brake already. I would not be welcome in Africa if I turned up with my carry on and carry with a Broked rifle.

Maybe Blaser will produce a 6.5 barrel for the converts and the hipsters.
Cracking me up.
Knew that would get you going.
Cheers.

I resisted long and hard, but in the end the R8 (or similar) is the only way to bring 3 calibers to Africa without incurring overweight and oversize airline surcharges... and getting a hernia schlepping them through the airports...

With the Krieghoff Big Five double rifle .470 and the Blaser R8 rifle with four barrels (.223 Rem, .257 Wby, .300 Wby, .375 H&H) my options are:
  • .257 Wby for mountain game and small & medium plain game OR .223 Rem for Tiny Ten (although admittedly I bought the .223 Rem mostly for inexpensive regular practice after hesitating a lot with the .22 LR kit, but I now want to practice to 200 and 300 yards since the 6" steel plate at 150 yards, standing, off the sticks, has become a lot easier after tens of thousands of .22 LR rounds...)
  • .300 Wby for large plain game OR .375 H&H for Lion/Leopard/Eland & large plain game
  • .470 NE for Buffalo/Elephant/Hippo
Grand total 41 lbs. (well below the maximum 50 lbs. allowed) and 60.25" linear cumulated dimension L+W+D (well below the maximum 62" allowed).

With the Krieghoff and the Blaser with two barrels I do not have the room to put the two scopes in the Pelican 1700, but this is really not an issue, I have plenty of room and weight allowance to put them in my other Pelican, a 1615 Air suitcase.

Pelican 1700 with Krieghogg + Blaser R8 & 2 barrels.jpg

As to taking high grade walnut to very wet or very dry places, I have paid my dues... One warped stock and one cracked stock are enough for me... Actually, if the option existed, I would have a kevlar stock on the double...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting your “Sick Rig” Phillip,
I’ve watched that before and watched again,

I like the look of the Strasser and the Tulip forend but it peaks out at .375 Ruger as you say.

I think it was @Red Leg who explained the benefits and History of Sting Ray leather and how it came to be on sporting arms.

I would like to do a driven hunt. That’s where a Blaser might really come into its own with quick follow ups. .35 Whelen might be the go, various times hunting pigs a straight pull would be beneficial when you get near a mob.
@CBH Australia Chris so would a Remington pump in the Whelen be good on a driven hunt
Bob

@CBH Australia Chris so would a Remington pump in the Whelen be good on a driven hunt
Bob
True, a .308 would do it, just Whelen would hit harder. If I went for Driven Boar I would want one of those Big Ugly Hairy ones, using. Blaser would add to the experience.
That Blaser GeoffB posted go at my attention. I wonder what it’s chambered as?

Just picked up another pelican 1700 to do just that nice arrangement of rifles did you cut it out yourself or have it done.

I like the Timber, I would not be opposed to hunting Bear with the Composite stocked one,
We’re you hunting Bear? Any Bear pics?

Yes. I was helping a buddy fill his brown bear tag. He shot a boar on the last day.

229422BB-DEED-4DBA-9B69-21476256F2B7.jpeg

From last week

He helped me with filling my tag a couple years ago.
7EE4D169-6BEA-43A4-A043-28716068A07F.jpeg

My boar from 2 years ago. Killed with R8 458 Lott from 10 yards away.

probably better.
bruce.
Well I have used a .308 pump action and they are quick handling and easy to adapt too,
I had considered them before, real for the type of hunting I do walking looking for pigs it might be the ideal thing, in that scenario.

True, a .308 would do it, just Whelen would hit harder. If I went for Driven Boar I would want one of those Big Ugly Hairy ones, using. Blaser would add to the experience.
@CBH
I didn't know you knew my mates ex wife , she was big, gun and hairy
Bob

@yhc the only improvement I can think of for those bear is to display them In my house.
A bear rug or. Lion rug, I’m not fussy I would hunt and home either given the chance.

The barrel in the previous image is a .30-06 with a Swaro Z6i 2-12 X 50 on top.
I have a few additional barrels in .223, .243, .300 Wby and .375 Ruger (J. Sip & Sons barrel)
Just about have the hunting world covered with that range of calibers.
I can fit up to three barrels in the carry case. One barrel packs underneath.
I have to pack the third scope in my carry on if I take three calibers. The case is made by Evolution Gear over here in Australia and has wheels at one end and a handle at the other.
Overall length of the case is at 970mm (38") long and as pictured weight is at 13.8Kg (30.5lbs)

1604893488846.jpeg

Last edited:
@yhc the only improvement I can think of for those bear is to display them In my house.
A bear rug or. Lion rug, I’m not fussy I would hunt and home either given the chance.
As an Australian, you will need a guide to hunt a brown/grizzly bear in Alaska. This can get expensive but if you can afford it, I recommend it. Hunting these bears can get addicting.

As an Australian, you will need a guide to hunt a brown/grizzly bear in Alaska. This can get expensive but if you can afford it, I recommend it. Hunting these bears can get addicting.
Thanks, yes cost is an issue for the 2 animals that would be most prized to me. Grizzly and Lion. I don’t think I can import Lion anyway.

It’s not impossible but I am not comfortable with spending tens of thousands on one trip/trophy. It’ not in the affordable basket at present and I would find it hard to justify the cost but I have a few years left in me so I will try work out my priorities and see what I can do down the track.

Even hunting a Buffalo in Australia would be 10k plus with an outfitter unless you know people.

I have seen a mounted Black bear, probably less than 4 feet high sitting up.
It might still make a nice rug and a colour phase might be even more appealing.

The hardest part is my wife would be happy to tag along and have a trip and see me chase my dreams if I said we can fund it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois