show me a pic of your favorite outdoor place ever found

Whether it was Jeeping with my family in the 1970's and 80's, or ATV'ing with my buddies in the 2020's; the San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado have long held a favorite place in my heart.

View attachment 607932

View attachment 607933

I spend every other summer in that area as a child. Unfortunately, I have not been back as an adult.

IMG_7355.jpeg
South Georgia food plot on property I was able to buy a couple of years ago. This was a few weeks ago on the last morning of turkey season.

I cannot show a picture of my favourite outdoor place or location.
I have always felt relaxed when I arrived somewhere in the Australian Bush.
In total I spent around 8-1/2 years working on national parks where my job was based on a remote park where I stayed onsite while rostered on.
2.5 years on one and about 6 years on another, On the second one my Dog came with as often as I could and I’m sure it was her favourite place on earth.
I lost her recently and she is buried here at home but I’m sure I would have happily left her at that last posting for eternity if I was still there.
I’m pretty much happy to be out of town as was my best good girl.
I found African bush was not so different to ours but I still call Australia home and if I’m not in the bush my shed is a nice place to be.

Thanks for serving bro. beautiful but deadly
Unfortunately that’s a lot of the most beautiful places in the world. Not sure everyone shares my view of beauty and love of mountains, especially when having to walk up them.

Whether it was Jeeping with my family in the 1970's and 80's, or ATV'ing with my buddies in the 2020's; the San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado have long held a favorite place in my heart.

View attachment 607932

View attachment 607933

Agreed. It is where I live and feel privileged to be able to. Backyard photo.
received_1054804278713770.jpg

I have many favorite places but no picture of a majority.

Relaxation Kalahari Botswana
Kalahari boma copy 2.jpeg

Giraffe Kalahari Botswana

Giraffe in Kalahari.jpeg

Another "favorite"... a small stream in SW AK.
IMG_2310 2.jpg

Spring bear country. Chilcotin Mountains, BC
Bear Country

The Chilcotins during the fall mule deer rut.
BC.JPG

West Texas aoudad, mule deer, and blue (scaled) quail territory
West Texas.JPG

Eastern Shore, Maryland
Maryland's Eastern Shore

Chamois and capercaillie country - Carinthian Alps, Austria
full

Gredos Mountains, Spain
Gredos Mountains of Spain

Dawn in the Zambezi Delta Mozambique. Just about to step off for a long trek through the swamp.
Zambezi Delta Fog

The Caprivi
Camp

Anywhere buffalo roam.
Buffalo South Africa

Been to quite a few places that would be memorable hunting spots, but I happened to be carrying an M4/M203 combo, and not my Tikka.
Different kind of hunting trip. These ones go on for a year or more

NOTE:: NOT MY PICTURE I have been to Lake Louise / Banff, Alberta 3 times. Of course it was bad weather the only time with a camera. That's why the stock photo. All 3 trips were when I had an off day while working in the region. I want to do an actual vacation there someday...
1716650158679.png

Last edited:
Scan for dagga boys Mr Spock.

View attachment 608358

Favourite place - anywhere a man can walk free and hunt.
Fairly hard to smoke ya cigar and drink ya whiskey while in zero gravity :cry::ROFLMAO: mind you my money would be on the buff v Spock while he tries to apply his volcon death grip:unsure:o_O

NOTE:: NOT MY PICTURE I have been to Lake Louise / Banff, Alberta 3 times. Of course it was bad weather the only time with a camera. That's why the stock photo. All 3 trips were when I had an off day while working in the region. I want to do an actual vacation there someday...
View attachment 608213

Beautiful spot - like many others, I've taken a photo just like that one. I reckon that is the most photographed canoe rental business is the world. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArethaHoll

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!