SADC threatening to leave CITES - good for them

thi9elsp

AH elite
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
1,568
Reaction score
2,356
Location
USA
Media
25
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
Life Member: Buckmasters, NRA, RMEF, DSC, SCI, and CCA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, New Zealand, TX, MO, FL, AK, IL, WI, WY
“If CITES does not really help us to conserve our wild animals, but frustrating those that are doing good, I think there is no need for us to stay in CITES,” Shifeta said.

Best thing we could do, the way it is going....
 
They should absolutely leave. South Africa has 23,000 of the total world population of 27,000 rhinos. Surely as world leaders in rhino conservation, southern African countries know the best way forward
 
I doubt if I ever hunt an elephant or a rhino, but I am all for the "have countries" exiting! And staying out!
 
It might be a wake-up call for CITES, but unfortunately other countries can still impose sanctions on trophy imports. I could see the fools in the US even restricting travel or hunting for US citizens if they want to make the point that they control the CITES agenda, not African countries.
 
Before they leave and have it do U.S hunters any good, there would have to be some kind of favorable importation rulings by the USF&WL specifically for these countries.
 
USF&W hierarchy is too politicized to do much about Africa. Their record speaks for itself.
 
Before they leave and have it do U.S hunters any good, there would have to be some kind of favorable importation rulings by the USF&WL specifically for these countries.
I think leaving CITES could be a great thing for African wildlife, but I don’t see it helping American hunters at all. The attitude here seems to be that we can bully other countries into accepting our terms, but if they can no longer get away with that they’ll find another way to interfere in wildlife management. That means interfering with hunters directly. Tree huggers never quit.
 
Slippery slope.
 
Curious if any native North American animals come under the CITES convention.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,881
Members
169,458
Latest member
knoxverse
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top