Sabatti Safari Double Rifle

For what it's worth, for a .450-400 3" I use two loads with a 400-grain Woodleigh soft nose: 80 grains of IMR 4831 if the old rifle was proved for 55 grains of cordite and 83 grains if proved for 60 grains of cordite. Large rifle magnum primer. 2-3 grains less if shooting a Woodleigh solid.

I find from reading this thread that the only sure way to get a double rifle that shoots worth a damn is to have it custom built. Pick your caliber, bullet and load, have it regulated for that load. Then go buy up all the bullets you can find for it so you have a lifetime supply and won't have to worry about feeding it for the rest of your life.

I find from reading this thread that the only sure way to get a double rifle that shoots worth a damn is to have it custom built. Pick your caliber, bullet and load, have it regulated for that load. Then go buy up all the bullets you can find for it so you have a lifetime supply and won't have to worry about feeding it for the rest of your life.

It’s not quite that drastic.

Aaron Little is the name of the guy that, at least used to, re-regulate rifles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.16.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.16.23 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 154
I managed to get ahold of Ken Owen. He is still available to work. So I will be sending it off to him after my trip. If anyone else has a similar issue I recommend looking him up, and I'll post an update when I get the rifle back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross