RSA on the brink

Not sure they know about "What me worry?"

SA is nothing like Australia, New Zealand or Canada
The country has to compare itself with ‘like’ nations to understand its place in the world.

https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/sou...jK6ghcpghSoveSXd4CMVLhHG8sPEFzs5mtnyIByfzipNA
And sadly it use to be very much like those members of the commonwealth. This article tracks the trend of most economic analysis that I have seen over the last three decades. Regrettably the slide down the peer nation group is not abating, but accelerating. The simple math exponentially playing out annually in South Africa's teaming townships can only be contained so long - and I find it unlikely that a multi-cultural capitalist democratic society is the most likely end state. It will be a bottle of scotch that I regret winning.

Think he was speaking rhetorically as in Jeez guys get real, we are not toast yet!
I know I’ve read several of his post along with numerous other outfitters trying to convince would be safari hunters the sky is not falling and the dramatic is what sells news. While I know he would not literally give up, I was merely offering encouragement that there are still a lot of us that don’t buy into the media’s hype.

I know I’ve read several of his post along with numerous other outfitters trying to convince would be safari hunters the sky is not falling and the dramatic is what sells news. While I know he would not literally give up, I was merely offering encouragement that there are still a lot of us that don’t buy into the media’s hype.
Guys - I think he is “giving up” trying to convince us. It was meant to be humorous.

Guys - I think he is “giving up” trying to convince us. It was meant to be humorous.
Agreed. I’ve read Marius’ and Victor’s previous explanations on this subject and theirs are the positions that I trust the most.

Hearties............the first step in solving a problem is to recognize it. The hype of "buck up" and "keep a positive attitude" may only delay this recognition.
Dr Ray.......your 2X per airplane is actually about 6X (150 to 900)
Lastly, Pres Cyril is a strong proponent of expropriation. Read his quotes on same.
All 63 countries and principalities in Africa have demonstrated their inability to govern themselves.........but RSA is among the bottom 10.............We in the USA were desperate to bring down any imposed Northern European style govt, and install a wonderful "indigenous" government. It has failed the local population in every case, from Bolivia to RSA. They cannot perform...corruption is king...FWB

(y)

:ROFLMAO: Finally decided we’re beyond help, did ya? That didn’t take long... :E Sad:

:ROFLMAO: Finally decided we’re beyond help, did ya? That didn’t take long... :E Sad:

The funny thing is that the USA were the ones who opened up our eyes to all the fake news.....
Yet, many still go to it as a resource of information.

Marius, that would really imply some bad things about BL. On many occasions, CNN has reported on what someone was thinking, and even feeling. It must be a gift. Later in the same article, they admit that they were unable to contact the individual they were writing about. You cannot believe ANYTHING reported by CNN. Not anything. ...................FWB

Marius, that would really imply some bad things about BL. On many occasions, CNN has reported on what someone was thinking, and even feeling. It must be a gift. Later in the same article, they admit that they were unable to contact the individual they were writing about. You cannot believe ANYTHING reported by CNN. Not anything. ...................FWB

I recently unfollowed Business Live once I saw their stance on the Trump Impeachment process, and how they portrayed that.
They are as far left as it comes and we all know how nuts those lot are...

With regards to SAA, they have outside management. I suspect they will figure out in time that the only way for SAA to be profitable (as the USA carrier have found out) is international flights and outsource most domestic routes to regional carriers. The already have smaller carriers in their portfolio, which I suspect those will be "spin offs" as independent carriers contracted to SAA similar to the USA model.

Robert Crandall on airlines: "I've never invested in any airline. I'm an airline manager. I don't invest in airlines. And I always said to the employees of American, 'This is not an appropriate investment. It's a great place to work and it's a great company that does important work. But airlines are not an investment.'"

"A lot of people came into the airline business. Most of them promptly exited, minus their money,"
Never invest in the company you work for. You already have enough risk tied up with them. Iwould take my company stock and invest it in a total market index. You'll never have the biggest winner but you'll never have the biggest loser either.

I don't see RSA collapsing but just muddling along like the rest of black ruled Africa, hallucinating that things will get better. :LOL:

"Vision without execution is halluncination". Thomas Edison

I fear FlatwaterBill is right on all counts. Trouble is...do a consistent bunch of greedy incompetents have the right to run a whole continent's world heritage wildlife resource into the ground? Time to tell them the truth, and deal with them in flat business terms with none of the pretense that they are operating on the same pace with modern nations, or can be trusted not to plunder investments, or that they deserve greased palms or anything to sweeten a deal. We have been suckers innumerable times. If they cannot guarantee investments won't be confiscated, or that their most productive citizens be protected, then let them crash. Propping up corruption, tribalism, nepotism, and reverse racism really has no defense in a civilized world, and they have to earn the right to be part of such a world. Make sure the corrupt are blamed before their own people, and bring those who plunder their own countries to trial--internationally if necessary, since internationally is where they abscond with the money. Kumbaya isn't cutting it anymore with me. The only hope for the wildlife is a new and improved Africa from the grassroots.

SICK!
I know in 2007 there were already more than a thousand pregnant girls [under the age of 13] at Primary School level
1f92c.png

Because most of their parents also don't know who the father is......

173697994_784488692463632_5072756504913332084_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg