Rigby 9.3x62 Full Custom HS

PaulB

AH enthusiast
Joined
Dec 17, 2021
Messages
296
Reaction score
1,836
Media
38
Hunting reports
Africa
2
New Rigby 9.3x62 HS custom
I ordered this rifle take on my last trip to Africa, unfortunately it didn't make it in time. This rifle truly is beautiful, the case coloring is the best I have seen.

Features Of This Full Custom Rigby Rifle Include:
  • Chambered in THE CLASSIC 9.3X62 MAUSER
  • Rigby Rifle Based On Mauser 98 Barreled Action Built To Original Specifications - Action Drilled and Tapped For Scope Mounts
  • 22" Barrel With Barrel Sling Stud
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Grade 9 Turkish Walnut Stock With 1" Red Recoil Pad, 14.5" LOP To Reduce Felt Recoil, and Traditional Round Pistol Grip
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Floor Plate
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Safety Housing
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Magazine and Trigger Guard
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Ziegler Claw Mount 30mm Scope Rings
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Gold Inlayed "John Rigby & Co." and "9.3x62" on Scope Rings
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Gold Inlayed Serial Number On Trigger Guard
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Gold "RR" Rigby Logo On Floor Plate
  • Rigby Oil Finish On Stock
  • Three-position Wing-style Safety
  • Rigby Name, Address, and Caliber Engraved On Barrel
  • Back Sight Engraved And Regulated To 65, 150, and 250 Yards
  • Adjustable Front Sight Bead And Front Sight Protector Hood
  • Serial Number Engraved On Trigger Guard
  • Flame-blued Extractor, Bolt Release, and Magazine Follower
  • Plasma Nitride Finish On Barreled Action And Floor Metal
  • Hand Finished Chequering
  • Rigby Pattern Magazine Holds FOUR Rounds Plus One In The Chamber
  • Weight = 7.8 lbs
  • Comes With Rigby Test Target, Rigby Leather Portfolio, Rigby Soft Case, and Rigby Hard Case
$28,999.00

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png
13.png
14.png
15.png
16.png
18.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful. I have a plain Jane HS in 9.3x62 and love it. I’m afraid you may regret parting with this one!
 
Did you buy it from JD Outfitters in OKC?
@Wishfulthinker580 - Hello,
Jerry @ JD Outfitters is a close friend of mine, he helped me design this rifle and then he ordered it for me. Unfortunately with all the custom work we did, Rigby didn't get it completed and to us in time for my trip. Jerry @ JD Outfitters has it listed for me as well. its a terrific gun, I just didn't need it once it arrived.
 
Gentleman, i spoke to Jerry myself. Paul is a legit seller, therefore buy with confidence.

@PaulB youbhave a very fine rifle sir. Good luck with the sell.
 
@Wishfulthinker580 - Hello,
Jerry @ JD Outfitters is a close friend of mine, he helped me design this rifle and then he ordered it for me. Unfortunately with all the custom work we did, Rigby didn't get it completed and to us in time for my trip. Jerry @ JD Outfitters has it listed for me as well. its a terrific gun, I just didn't need it once it arrived.
I thought I had seen it. It is a beautiful rifle. GLWS
 
I just didn't need it once it arrived.
Nobody needs a rifle like this any more than they need a Rembrandt. They want one because they have impeccable taste and an eye for true beauty.

You sir have an exquisite rifle, and I fear that if you sell it, you will regret it to the day you die.
 
Beautiful rifle and seller is great to deal with. Buy with confidence
 
No offense or taking away from this beautiful rifle but why in the hell would Rigby not take the effort to time the screws on this thing! I would not part with this rifle Paul, I think everyone here agrees that you will kick yourself down the road!
 
How come you don't need it now?....9.3x62 is always needed.... ;) :D Beers:
Spike, You are probably correct, I might regret this someday. However, my gun collection has gotten OUT OF CONTROL as of late. I cant seem to lay of the 350 Rigby's and 300 H&H's! While I might regret this in the futurey, I am hoping that if I sell a gun or 2, my wife might let me sleep in my own bed in the in the present?
 
Spike, You are probably correct, I might regret this someday. However, my gun collection has gotten OUT OF CONTROL as of late. I cant seem to lay of the 350 Rigby's and 300 H&H's! While I might regret this in the futurey, I am hoping that if I sell a gun or 2, my wife might let me sleep in my own bed in the in the present?
I've heard of a legendary saying.. "Happy wife.. Happy life!!" I'm hoping to get a big caliber someday such as a 416 Rigby or 458 Lott..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,085
Members
169,695
Latest member
bbm88dayv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top