Rigby 9.3x62 Full Custom HS

PaulB

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
New Rigby 9.3x62 HS custom
I ordered this rifle take on my last trip to Africa, unfortunately it didn't make it in time. This rifle truly is beautiful, the case coloring is the best I have seen.

Features Of This Full Custom Rigby Rifle Include:
  • Chambered in THE CLASSIC 9.3X62 MAUSER
  • Rigby Rifle Based On Mauser 98 Barreled Action Built To Original Specifications - Action Drilled and Tapped For Scope Mounts
  • 22" Barrel With Barrel Sling Stud
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Grade 9 Turkish Walnut Stock With 1" Red Recoil Pad, 14.5" LOP To Reduce Felt Recoil, and Traditional Round Pistol Grip
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Floor Plate
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Safety Housing
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Magazine and Trigger Guard
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Color Case Hardened Ziegler Claw Mount 30mm Scope Rings
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Gold Inlayed "John Rigby & Co." and "9.3x62" on Scope Rings
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Gold Inlayed Serial Number On Trigger Guard
  • FACTORY UPGRADED: Gold "RR" Rigby Logo On Floor Plate
  • Rigby Oil Finish On Stock
  • Three-position Wing-style Safety
  • Rigby Name, Address, and Caliber Engraved On Barrel
  • Back Sight Engraved And Regulated To 65, 150, and 250 Yards
  • Adjustable Front Sight Bead And Front Sight Protector Hood
  • Serial Number Engraved On Trigger Guard
  • Flame-blued Extractor, Bolt Release, and Magazine Follower
  • Plasma Nitride Finish On Barreled Action And Floor Metal
  • Hand Finished Chequering
  • Rigby Pattern Magazine Holds FOUR Rounds Plus One In The Chamber
  • Weight = 7.8 lbs
  • Comes With Rigby Test Target, Rigby Leather Portfolio, Rigby Soft Case, and Rigby Hard Case
$28,999.00

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png
13.png
14.png
15.png
16.png
18.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful. I have a plain Jane HS in 9.3x62 and love it. I’m afraid you may regret parting with this one!

Did you buy it from JD Outfitters in OKC?
@Wishfulthinker580 - Hello,
Jerry @ JD Outfitters is a close friend of mine, he helped me design this rifle and then he ordered it for me. Unfortunately with all the custom work we did, Rigby didn't get it completed and to us in time for my trip. Jerry @ JD Outfitters has it listed for me as well. its a terrific gun, I just didn't need it once it arrived.

Gentleman, i spoke to Jerry myself. Paul is a legit seller, therefore buy with confidence.

@PaulB youbhave a very fine rifle sir. Good luck with the sell.

@Wishfulthinker580 - Hello,
Jerry @ JD Outfitters is a close friend of mine, he helped me design this rifle and then he ordered it for me. Unfortunately with all the custom work we did, Rigby didn't get it completed and to us in time for my trip. Jerry @ JD Outfitters has it listed for me as well. its a terrific gun, I just didn't need it once it arrived.
I thought I had seen it. It is a beautiful rifle. GLWS

I just didn't need it once it arrived.
Nobody needs a rifle like this any more than they need a Rembrandt. They want one because they have impeccable taste and an eye for true beauty.

You sir have an exquisite rifle, and I fear that if you sell it, you will regret it to the day you die.

Beautiful rifle and seller is great to deal with. Buy with confidence

No offense or taking away from this beautiful rifle but why in the hell would Rigby not take the effort to time the screws on this thing! I would not part with this rifle Paul, I think everyone here agrees that you will kick yourself down the road!

How come you don't need it now?....9.3x62 is always needed.... ;) :D Beers:
Spike, You are probably correct, I might regret this someday. However, my gun collection has gotten OUT OF CONTROL as of late. I cant seem to lay of the 350 Rigby's and 300 H&H's! While I might regret this in the futurey, I am hoping that if I sell a gun or 2, my wife might let me sleep in my own bed in the in the present?

Spike, You are probably correct, I might regret this someday. However, my gun collection has gotten OUT OF CONTROL as of late. I cant seem to lay of the 350 Rigby's and 300 H&H's! While I might regret this in the futurey, I am hoping that if I sell a gun or 2, my wife might let me sleep in my own bed in the in the present?
I've heard of a legendary saying.. "Happy wife.. Happy life!!" I'm hoping to get a big caliber someday such as a 416 Rigby or 458 Lott..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you