Rigby 275

It's in the current catalogue from Gavin Gardiner Limited and will be up for auction shortly, I think it will go for well above £800-£1000. You can view the upcoming auction catalogue via the Gavin Gardiner Limited website http://www.gavingardiner.com/
Enjoy looking through the online catalogue !
Regards
Garry
Thanks Garry, I looked at the Rigby. It's in much rougher condition than the one above, but still worth much more than $1300, just because it's a Rigby if for no other reason. May have to order their catalog by the way for upcoming auctions. In one of the press releases, Gardiner stated that the lower end guns that they auction are not moving very well. Might could be a place for someone on the AH site to jump in and make a bid!

It's an opportunity.

@sierraone the prices in uk for older .275 rigbys at auction is around the £1500 to £2000 range , and thats for a nice one. i think i paid about £1500 for mine that was made in 1947 i think. mine came with its original canvas covered hard case. holts auctioneers have them from time to time, or if you are interested in one contact paul roberts he will find you a nice one in that price bracket.

http://www.jroberts-gunmakers.co.uk/contact.php

@sierraone the prices in uk for older .275 rigbys at auction is around the £1500 to £2000 range , and thats for a nice one. i think i paid about £1500 for mine that was made in 1947 i think. mine came with its original canvas covered hard case. holts auctioneers have them from time to time, or if you are interested in one contact paul roberts he will find you a nice one in that price bracket.

http://www.jroberts-gunmakers.co.uk/contact.php
Very interesting, to say the least! I should be in London in late October visiting the Rigby shop among others. I will look into this possibility!

Very interesting, to say the least! I should be in London in late October visiting the Rigby shop among others. I will look into this possibility!

sounds good marc will be able to help. maybe email paul to ask him whats available that he knows of to get an idea of prices. tell him i told you to. cheers mike

I will make that call in a few weeks. My plans are to train up to Birmingham one day to visit the WR shop, then back to London and have two days there to at least hit Rigby and William Evans. I am primarily looking for a used 12 or 20 box lock sxs that I can afford. But now with this .275 Rigby showing up at an inexpensive price, I may have to consider one of these also. Can only afford 1 though, so the decision making process could become quite difficult! One of the advantages of making a purchase from WR is that W.R. USA is in my home town of Pensacola, Florida (actually Gulf Breeze, just across the bay), so they would ship directly there. I am considering going to Holland and Purdey, but would probably have to buy new clothes to be let in the door!!!

sounds good marc will be able to help. maybe email paul to ask him whats available that he knows of to get an idea of prices. tell him i told you to. cheers mike
Met Marc at DSC the last two years. It seems that whoever owns Rigby now made an excellent choice for a director of the business!

hollands is a bit like a clothes/accessories shop these days but there is also the gunroom.....wont be anything in there at anything like a reasonable price though....:D....yeah marc is a nice bloke i have known him since he first used to work for paul quite a few years ago. he is a bit like a younger version of paul in his enthusiasm for the gun trade and fine rifles and shotguns, and paul is a walking encyclopedia of gun information . shipping wouldnt be a problem for paul he has not long ago sent my 500 to zambia, and as they all know each other he could get simon (WR)to ship it anyway :)

Last edited:
hollands is a bit like a clothes/accessories shop these days but there is also the gunroom.....wont be anything in there at anything like a reasonable price though....:D....yeah marc is a nice bloke i have known him since he first used to work for paul quite a few years ago. he is a bit like a younger version of paul in his enthusiasm for the gun trade and fine rifles and shotguns, and paul is a walking encyclopedia of gun information . shipping wouldnt be a problem for paul he has not long ago sent my 500 to zambia, and as they all know each other he could get simon to ship it anyway :)
I will definitely call Paul before the trip and try to get his shop on my agenda while there!

he is a bit south of london as he moved his workshops and sales room to his house and outbuildings. if you check on his website site i think it has directions and a map its on the link page i put on, so its not just popping into it in london.easiest way is train and then ask if someone could pick you up or arrange a taxi to pick you up from the station. its worth going just to talk to him as he has been there and done it in the gun trade, from hunting with the maharajahs to well........

he is a bit south of london as he moved his workshops and sales room to his house and outbuildings. if you check on his website site i think it has directions and a map its on the link page i put on, so its not just popping into it in london.easiest way is train and then ask if someone could pick you up or arrange a taxi to pick you up from the station. its worth going just to talk to him as he has been there and done it in the gun trade, from hunting with the maharajahs to well........
You have convinced me, he is now officially on my list to visit!!!

You have convinced me, he is now officially on my list to visit!!!

it will be worth it i still hear new things and i have known him since 1989. he is definitely one of the legends of the english gun trade. worth going for a pub lunch with him to chat .....one thing make sure he will be there as he still gets lots of invites to bird shoots and jaunts to india and other places looking for guns :)

it will be worth it i still hear new things and i have known him since 1989. he is definitely one of the legends of the english gun trade. worth going for a pub lunch with him to chat .....one thing make sure he will be there as he still gets lots of invites to bird shoots and jaunts to india and other places looking for guns :)
Maybe I could be his baggage handler or gun bearer!!!

Maybe I could be his baggage handler or gun bearer!!!

i like the way you think ;) he has slowed down a bit as he is in his early 70`s now . i was at his 70th at the gun makers arms in london a couple or so years ago, and his knee and back give him a bit of trouble as he got run over by a wild boar on the way to his stand in hungary on a shoot we were on a few years ago........there you are a story to ask him about :D

That is a pretty nice rifle. Gee...too bad I already have five 7x57's........o_O

A wonderful rifle sir!

image.jpeg
The few that I have seen on local sites in the states are usually pretty beat up and they usually ask around $7000 for them. Even though this one is not for sale, do you have an idea what it would go for? It's a beauty! 1000 p0unds ($1300) sounds very inexpensive to me for anything with the Rigby name on it.
@sierraone

, I think he paid a five figure sum. But he was playing coy . Anyway we took both of them to Namibia in June along with a sporterised 303 and had some fun.

Last edited:
Thanks Garry, I looked at the Rigby. It's in much rougher condition than the one above, but still worth much more than $1300, just because it's a Rigby if for no other reason. May have to order their catalog by the way for upcoming auctions. In one of the press releases, Gardiner stated that the lower end guns that they auction are not moving very well. Might could be a place for someone on the AH site to jump in and make a bid!

Hi
That Rigby went for £1500 with some of the lots like the DWM in 7mm Mauser being unsold.
Regards
Garry

Last edited:
Hi
That Rigby went for £1500 with some of the lots like the DWM in 7mm Mauser being unsold.
Regards
Garry
I tried to pull up that rifle again to look at it but was unable. That's about $1950 someone paid for a Rigby! I never would have guess that was possible until you and Spike started our back and fourth on this thread a week or so ago. As soon as I get home from this work I am doing, I will order the hard auction catalogs Gardiner publishes 3 or 4 times a year. One of them may hold a real treasure for someone like me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg