Rigby 275

If you look online at the old catalogue then look at the lot number you can then go on the link for prices realised.
Some very cheap rifles and as I say some of the more interesting remain unsold.
Wish I'd had the cash to bid !

If you look online at the old catalogue then look at the lot number you can then go on the link for prices realised.
Some very cheap rifles and as I say some of the more interesting remain unsold.
Wish I'd had the cash to bid !
That advice helped, I've got it now, thanks!

I keep looking at these auction rifles overseas. Any idea how hard or expensive it is to import one after bidding/winning?
I can give you an idea from the major dealers, auction houses may be different. Westley Richards charges 500 pounds (about $650) with today's exchange rate, and is sent to Westley Richards USA in Gulf Breeze Florida. Diggory Hadoke sends his to a dealer in Houston. William Evans (450-500 pounds) has several he sends to depending on where you live. John Rigby (I believe) sends theirs to San Antonio. From these import houses/dealers they are sent to your FFL. For an answer about auction houses, I would check the house's individual web site, and if that fails, just call them and ask. If you make a bid and win, let us all know!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it is an easier process than what I thought.
For any of the major players, they have the system in place to send to the U.S. because they do it on a regular basis. The added cost on top of the price of the gun itself is a turn off for some, but is just a cost of doing business if you choose to engage in that business. If you were buying from an individual, more is involved for him on his side and for you on the U.S. side.

ok @sierraone here is what the naughty monkey jumping up and down on my shoulder and screaming in my ear caused to happen.......:whistle:;).......the rifle i mentioned in the big bore addicts thread that paul pulled out to show me is the last run out rigby serial number he had to use , so he got all the specs for one of karamojo bells.275 rigbys and built an exact replica (apart from not being a take-down version) it weighs 7lbs and feels like it was made for me......the wooden box is the same as the original was delivered in. it came from india with some rifles and paul was going to throw it out till he realised it was the same type of box..........so i traded my 1948 rigby .275 and my .350 rigby for it.......probably will end up buying the .350 back in the future....must try to forget it ;):E Doh:

old in case and new above
jeep and rifles at pauls 8 sept 2016 058.JPG

has the initials in same place as original

jeep and rifles at pauls 8 sept 2016 067.JPG

jeep and rifles at pauls 8 sept 2016 069.JPG

jeep and rifles at pauls 8 sept 2016 074.JPG

jeep and rifles at pauls 8 sept 2016 039.JPG

jeep and rifles at pauls 8 sept 2016 033.JPG

oh dear i am involved in a 3 some now with this one and my 9.3x74r double.......;)

Gorgeous rifle! When I get rich, I'll have a gun room filled with English rifles and guns!!!

You're a baaaad Man Spike !!!

The naughty monkey just worked overtime and convinced him to buy.

You're a baaaad Man Spike !!!

OOOHHHHH YEEEAAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! paul it would be rude not to be when some one like paul says "oh yes i haves something i think you might like"........................fk he kinda knows me after 27 years......;)....only person who has made rifles for me or or finn apart from my 2 built by larry ,....who is making patsys 375..........even if i bought other rifles he has always sorted them ...so yeah a great friend and an amazing fount of knowledge on most things to do with rifles ....from serial numbers off the top of his head matched to a year...to......well a great person just to have a pub lunch with and talk guns and shit as we did today :D Beers:

You got yourself a beautiful rifle there spike! Congrats

Gorgeous rifle! When I get rich, I'll have a gun room filled with English rifles and guns!!!

used to be rich my boy....in some peoples eyes i still am and in others i am sooooooo fkn not..... thats all very relative/ and well who gives a fk as on here its never been brought up...which i find refreshing! :D Beers:.........so now look at what i have and think well i will use that or i wont........:)

You got yourself a beautiful rifle there spike! Congrats

thank you ,well charlie not quite like your no1s ...;) which i do like as the purveyor of the 9.3x74r one can ascertain :) but i think you should snap up any variants of no1s that you dont have...when offered on AH......;)

thank you ,well charlie not quite like your no1s ...;) which i do like as the purveyor of the 9.3x74r one can ascertain :) but i think you should snap up any variants of no1s that you dont have...when offered on AH......;)

And the naughty monkey continues to attempt mind control over the AH forum and it's poor members.
If I had the 375 I want I would buy that rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeCast

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg