Rifle names and titles

Never been one to name my rifles. I usully perfer to them by the caliber unless I have multiple the its by the brand.. Cars on other hand pretty much always have a name. My 87 K5 Blazer is the grey ghost.

I have a Remington 40 x with heavy varmint barrels in 222 rem, 223 Ackley and 6 BR….prairie dog rifle…switch barrel. My friend on his first viewing it….referenced as a CLUB…since then it is the club, shoots 3 shot groups under .20 at a 100 yds….name stuck.

Image1659824869.381321.jpg

This rifle was named by an Afrikaans friend of mine after it took seven animals with seven shots. It’s a custom M 70 in 7x57. He named it Bliksem. Those who know Afrikaans will get it. The rifle was subsequently engraved by a friend who is one of the best in the English trade. He put the name on the floor plate. He also signed it if you can pick it out of the scrollwork.

IMG_1688.JPG

I have a smokeless .45 muzzleloader I call Ol' Smoky.

IMG_20210114_152857_01.jpg

Baroness Karen Blixem, of Out of Africa?
Bliksem derives from the Dutch word for "lightning"...which would be appropriate for taking 7 animals with 7 shots. But we would still need conformation from @WAB of course.

“The Reaper”, a very accurate .270 win of my good friend. I’ve had to use his rifle one time in haste when I had a scope problem. It is a lefty and I am not, it worked!
“Baby” another good friend’s rifle, named after the first deer he shot with it. I think the .30-06 bullet knocked the spots of that little deer.

I haven’t had my own rifles named yet, but am not opposed to it. The Blaser needs a fitting name with a Deutsch origin.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen i bet Bob has a named gun or two.

“The Reaper”, a very accurate .270 win of my good friend. I’ve had to use his rifle one time in haste when I had a scope problem. It is a lefty and I am not, it worked!
“Baby” another good friend’s rifle, named after the first deer he shot with it. I think the .30-06 bullet knocked the spots of that little deer.

I haven’t had my own rifles named yet, but am not opposed to it. The Blaser needs a fitting name with a Deutsch origin.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen i bet Bob has a named gun or two.
@Tra3
Can't remember naming any rifle yet.

I call my Merkel double Daisy, after Daisy de Melker. (The deadly South African serial killer)
Mama's 275 Rigby is "La Reina" (the Queen in Spanish).
My Lancaster 12 bore hammer gun is called "Martillo" (hammer in Spanish) for obvious reasons.

When they earn enough affection for a name, they are definitely keepers.

Safe shooting.

My 280 Remington caliber deer rifle is named "Harry Truman"........FWB

The only one with a name so far is the Lion Rifle, as that is what is carved on the stock pictured in my avatar. So far, it has yet to kill a lion, just a couple elk, some deer, and at least 2 antelope that I can think of. Guess my Sharps is named the Buffalo Rifle for the same reason; it hasn't kilt a buffalo yet either. It has taken a deer and few prairie dogs though, lol.
Think I better sell some guns, as I suck at remembering names, and I can't imagine coming up with a name for everything in the safes, let alone remembering what to call it when I pull it out....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaBenit

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!