Resignation PHASA President

I've often thought a well done screenplay of death in the long grass would be the bees knees.

We can film it on your place.

Touchdown, or for the rest of the world Goooooooooal.

th

What would happen if you brought gladiator lion fighting back?

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 134
Crazy idea, but the one worst part about belonging to DSC or SCI is the over the top banquets held each year to "honor" the person that has killed the most animals, how about give the "award" a bit more quietly and take the money used for the banquet for a film or at least a lobbyist. DSC has at least 700 people and at a minimum of $40 each would be $28K and at least 2 banquets a year, add in what is done at SCI and you could easily raise $100K . I know they auction hunts at the banquets but you can bid on them online without even showing up. Anybody know anyone on the board to give them the idea?

th

What would happen if you brought gladiator lion fighting back?

I know a couple of USFW officials I would volunteer to be gladiators.

GladiatorsArena8102.jpg

I think if you bring back these kind of "sporting events" it would spice things up.

Attachments

• GladiatorsArena8102.jpg
    GladiatorsArena8102.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 138
I wish people would stop acting like we are fighting the world when we are fighting a few nut jobs who just spread lies better then we spread the truth

Agree with you Bill (what in the hell is the world coming to?).

The challenge here is the lies are easier to spread and easier to believe. All you have to do is make crap up. Tell people that if you will just talk softly you a lion amd coo a little bit and that they will lose fear of man and all will be good and people eat it up.

This goes back to the habitat point I made earlier. People don't have the point to find reference anymore. Too many are to far removed from the food chain. We are talking about different language that the majority doesn't understand and certainly not in the way from understand "cute and cuddly. " in ways, it's the Tower of Babel.

Like Hank and many others have said, we need organization and leadership that we don't have at the moment.

Like Hank and many others have said, we need organization and leadership that we don't have at the moment.

I just don't see enough people interesting in fighting the good fight anymore.

I agree. Look at what they are trying to say about giraffes being the "next" endangered...
Giraffe and leopard seem to be in their sights right now.

Won't disagree.... seems there are the hunters & the antis....... Joseph vs Goliaths..... we speak individually they speak in masses. Mainly, they do in protest or in stardom.... typically, we do not or crave.

Giraffe and leopard seem to be in their sights right now.

Add Buff & Sable.... complete stranglehold to RSA. Some more than others. I've heard the Buff is literally treated & traded like a US Stock. Treated like a commodity. Sable... a little different, nevertheless.... put x amount of strain on the experience.... eventually, people will forgo.

The sad part is that hunters spend tons of money every year. We buy equipment, clothing, ammo, guns, trips, and the list goes on. People make money - lots of money - off the backs of hunters. It shouldn't be impossible to tell them that they need to give back a bit to keep the trains running on time. Heck, just look at how much people are prepared to spend to have a booth at the SCI show!

Our problem is that we are not united. Too many silos. Too many egos. Not enough will.

BTW, we got to 12. Now, it's to infinity and beyond!

I just don't see enough people interesting in fighting the good fight anymore.

Agree, and the challenge is that the real fight is "over there. " And it's real easy to think it's someone else's problem to deal with, that the whitetail or elk are safe. It's natural.... We all worry about the things close to us.

Agree, and the challenge is that the real fight is "over there. " And it's real easy to think it's someone else's problem to deal with, that the whitetail or elk are safe. It's natural.... We all worry about the things close to us.

I was just thinking....

We all know about the problems Zim and SA are having or have had with farmers being pushed off their land, or discriminated against and attacked. How many of us have done anything real to try and help, myself included?

I mean things are pretty good here in the States, we don't have any race issues at all, no chance of repatriation of land at all, so let the SA farmers figure it out for themselves. Its their problem and not mine. Something like thst could never happen here. Right?

Far fetched analogy? Maybe... Maybe not....

"I once had a farm in Africa".........from the movie "Out of Africa", one of my favorite movie lines......... @Royal27 sending my son last week to Canada was heart breaking to me, but the writing is on the wall.

Is it more profitable to raise game over is sheep cattle and goats a better deal. I once head that game produced more pounds or meat per section of land in parts of Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!