AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Resignation of Professional Hunters’ Association of South Africa (PHASA) President

phasa-president-resignation.jpg

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Well, that's a pretty clear position by NAPHA! Interesting that they felt the need to comment directly.

I guess the members were telling the man that the position taken was wrong. Other countries will do what they want with regards to the question of captive breed lion hunting! It is legal in RSA. That's good enough for me.

I am with NAPHA. And with any luck we can get into another 12 page fight over captive bred lion shooting. Trying to help throw in a few herbs and spices Brickburn. :Happy:

I am with NAPHA. And with any luck we can get into another 12 page fight over captive bred lion shooting. Trying to help throw in a few herbs and spices Brickburn. :Happy:

+1

Agree with you and @Velo Dog. Just hope this doesn't turn into your 12 page fist fight. Regardless of the subject they get old very fast! I don't know if Brickburn was stirring the pot or implying the pot has now been stirred!!!

Can we get 12 pages of saying we hope this doesn't turn into 12 pages of captive breed discussion, lol.

I will ask a loaded question though how did/do members feel about the president and the job he was doing? From my understanding he did a lot to represent hunters with the airline trophy bans but my only experience is as a hunting client and not a PH I would be interested to hear members opinions on this. I know sometimes when leaders resign there is a collective oh no or thank goodness.

I am still waiting for someone to explain the difference between captive bred buffalo (or sable, or white tail deer or elk) hunting and captive bred lion hunting.

Some people seem to be of the opinion that once the issue of captive bred lion hunting goes away, those who are against it will be satisfied and will go home quietly to resume their lives, leaving hunters alone forever more.

I am not one of those.

Sorry to contribute to the 12 pages.

I am still waiting for someone to explain the difference between captive bred buffalo (or sable, or white tail deer or elk) hunting and captive bred lion hunting.

I for one don't recognize any difference. I will also say that captive bred hunting of any species is not my preference.

Some people seem to be of the opinion that once the issue of captive bred lion hunting goes away, those who are against it will be satisfied and will go home quietly to resume their lives, leaving hunters alone forever more.

I am not one of those.

Sorry to contribute to the 12 pages.

Exactly. There is no difference in a sable, Whitetail, kudu, lion or impala raised for hunting on a game farm. And for what its worth, it doesnt bother me a bit.

I for one don't recognize any difference. I will also say that captive bred hunting of any species is not my preference.

+1

Well I for one will remember my sons raised lion HUNT we did and enjoyed so much. For those who are not a fan of it don't do it is all I can say.

Hank the difference is nothing other then some like to make some animals special so they feel good about them selves or worse yet think if we don't do that one animal the people who don't like hunting will go away because we gave in to them on raised lions. As we can see that has not worked out so well as more animals have been gone after since by the anti's to stopped being hunted. Plus a so called wild lion hunt started all the bs on the ban.

I am not sure what some guys don't get about almost all of us would love to hunt none raised game but the truth is it is not possible for everyone to do so. The game that is being raised can be hunted fairly if done right and bashing on hunters who hunt it with the old it is not hunting or all the other bs is just not good.

It is simple for me as I think hunter should hunt as they see fit to do. If the rules say it is legal have at it. I myself don't hunt certain animals because of things I don't like but will never bash another hunter because I don't like it.

Well I for one will remember my sons raised lion HUNT we did and enjoyed so much. For those who are not a fan of it don't do it is all I can say.

Hank the difference is nothing other then some like to make some animals special so they feel good about them selves or worse yet think if we don't do that one animal the people who don't like hunting will go away because we gave in to them on raised lions. As we can see that has not worked out so well as more animals have been gone after since by the anti's to stopped being hunted. Plus a so called wild lion hunt started all the bs on the ban.

I am not sure what some guys don't get about almost all of us would love to hunt none raised game but the truth is it is not possible for everyone to do so. The game that is being raised can be hunted fairly if done right and bashing on hunters who hunt it with the old it is not hunting or all the other bs is just not good.

It is simple for me as I think hunter should hunt as they see fit to do. If the rules say it is legal have at it. I myself don't hunt certain animals because of things I don't like but will never bash another hunter because I don't like it.

Bill, I guess I am one of the "some" whom you mention, and I am absolutely certain you have no earthly idea how I feel about myself or why on any subject. And how I feel about myself is my least concern with respect to hunting captive bred lions. And like Big 5, I prefer not to hunt captive species. I have before, didn't care for it very much, and hope I don't have to do so again. That said, I do see an enormous ethical (note I did not say "legal") difference between captive, self sustaining populations, and "put and shoot" anything. Were any of the South African captive lion operations built around self-sustaining prides where old animals (male or female) were periodically taken - I would applaud it. I don't believe that I know of one.

I am going to raise a few points here, not all at once! Stan was the president of PHASA, the members of PHASA voted to stop the practice of bred lions for hunting. Stan happened to be the chairman, why point the blame at him.

Red leg it is simple as this your ethics are yours and mine are mine. Everyone has there own ethics but telling others a raised lion it is not a hunt is just bs. When you decide to put shot and not hunt your just bashing on another hunter. Instead of maybe just saying I would not do a hunt like that for these reason.

This has been gone over a number of times but if you believe hating on other hunters for doing a hunt you don't like is helping us as a group your kidding yourself is my point.

We as a group have taken a beating since the whole phasa raised lion bs. The anti's did not go away because laws or rules were changed but just moved on to the next animals they think they can win on. What did the fighting get us as a group. No raised lion hunted that can be imported but still being hunted and no importing of but a few lions in to the states. So who did we help as we fought other hunter but the anti's and now lions just get killed for no reason. But yes all you guys who don't like it got there way and watched it blow up in your face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross