Recommendation for a good performing 9.3X62?

Why not look at a Blaser R8 with a 9.3x62 and the 243WIN barrels? Should still be in your price range.

You know, if you switched out the 243WIN for a 25-06 and added the 30-06 as well...you would be pretty much set for everything. BTW - Cove Creek Outfitters are some great guys and it looked like they had everything in stock.

The only reason I say switch out the 243WIN is because I know @Bob Nelson 35Whelen is gonna find this thread. :ROFLMAO:
So, with due respect what I'm getting to is Blaser makes a better productor the R8 is superior to Sauer S404. Essentially the configuration that the R8 provides is als possible in the S404. There is a price difference in the sense the 9.3 in R8 is priced closed to the S404 in 9.3 the advantage being the Sauer comes with a extra barrel i.e 243.

I'm a novice when t comes to this, so your expert advice is much appreciated.

So, with due respect what I'm getting to is Blaser makes a better productor the R8 is superior to Sauer S404. Essentially the configuration that the R8 provides is als possible in the S404. There is a price difference in the sense the 9.3 in R8 is priced closed to the S404 in 9.3 the advantage being the Sauer comes with a extra barrel i.e 243.

I'm a novice when t comes to this, so your expert advice is much appreciated.
The Sauer S404 and Blaser R8 are similar in the fact that they both have interchangeable barrels, but the similarities end there. Here is a picture for reference, top is Blaser R8, middle is a traditional bolt action Mauser M03 and Sauer 404.

1671567203900.png

Blaser put the magazine on top of the trigger group. This was revolutionary because no other manufacturer is doing this. The advantage is the barrel gets to move back nearly 4 inches, making it 4 inches shorter if everything else is equal. So a 26" barrel feels like a 22"...more compact, better handling and moves the balance point to the rear.

This also allows the Blaser R8 to mount the scope directly to the barrel, not the action. This eliminates any possible play/misallignment that may occur between the barrel and action on the Sauer or the M03. I have 4 barrels, each with their own scope in a QD mount...lock up like a bank vault and never lost zero.

Another advantage of Blaser is (in general) they are easier to find in the US than the Sauer. Which also means parts, accessories...etc are also a little easier to find.

The downside is that the magazine is limited to 3+1 in most big game hunting calibers, but it's caliber specific and there's a chart. I haven't found it to be any hinderance for hunting, but your expectations may be different. Blaser came out with the Ultimate X that has a magazine in front of the trigger, but I've not seen one in person.

That brings us to the straight pull action that the Blaser has. Advantage of speedy reloading and no worry of the bolt/scope interference.

There are a lot of rifles out there with interchangeable barrels, but none are doing it at the level of the R8. Will you pay for going with them, yes...absolutely. And you will get exactly what you pay for. Precision quality, straight pull action, interchangeable barrels with loads of accessories.

If you have specific questions you want to ask, feel free to send me a PM and I'll help you out. My wife and I went through this a few years ago, but it's still fresh in my mind. Good luck with your decision.

I have one in the Ruger African, purchased April 2011. The "cheap" PRVI ammo shoots well in it, 1" groups. Because the PRVI ammo shot so well I knew that this gun was a Shooter. I tinkered with powder that I had in my stock. The IMR 4064 powder worked great with Hornady 286 grn bullets 56 grains of powder with groups better than the PRVI ammo. I also loaded some Nosler 250 grn Accubonds, I found that IMR 4320 of near 60 grains also worked well. I also used#250 primers and Hornady brass. The scope on the gun is a 1-4 variable and I don't hold as steady as I used to, so I am happy to attain under 1" groups at 100 yards. This data is specific to my gun only, always stay within published data in a current loading manual.

i have a left handed zastava. the only thing i changed was the stock. she now wears a boyds laminate stock with a lop of 13.5 in. great if used in winter with our cold winter and cold gear and for the fall spring and summer im using a slip pad limbsaver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuntInSeason

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !