Random Memories

@Tucketed 's post reminded me. Let there be no doubt, here is a cross section of the greatest generation. My dad is in this pic. They are training for night bombing and possibly to drop another "big one". Two were enough

View attachment 573386
Certainly the greatest generation. So many “heroes” only fighting for their brothers.
 
Deer camp south central Wyoming. Three days later my hunting buddy (shown in the pic) and I had to chip the tent out of frozen ground, ice and drifted snow. Really high winds preceded the blizzard. I remember hunting one day on a small range of broken granite ridges. I’d occasionally move to the top to glass. The wind was propelling 1/4” granite pebbles over the ridge top. Lucky no major chips in the glass on my binocs. The tent did fine! Quality canvas tents are comfortable and do well in bad conditions if properly rigged.

Nothing spectacular about the photo other than it reminds me of a good deer hunt with a friend and one of my favorite areas in Wyoming. Commiefornians driving through might notice “attractive sounding” place names like Sweetwater Draw, Crook’s Gap or Jeffrey City on a map and might even take a side route to check it out. If so enticed, they don’t even slow down driving through. :):) :)

D42F55C0-C3AB-4AF4-8E5C-F7328E608F46.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I thought I'd throw out something a little unique...Hunting on the sea can bring some sights that you just can't see anywhere else...
Looking back through this thread and couldn’t help but remember a morning I had at the mouth of the Bon Secour river where it empties into the bay. The wind was blowing about 20 knots so it was too rough to get into the bay. Canvasbacks, scaup and a smattering of other waterfowl pile into the area under these conditions. After killing my limit I noticed a decoy moving up wind, suddenly a bottle nosed dolphin threw the decoy into the air and mullet started jumping everywhere. The whole pod of dolphins began herding the mullet into the shallows and by the time it was all over bald eagles and river otters joined the mullet fest. A sight I will never forget!
View attachment 542072View attachment 542073View attachment 542074
 
Not hunting related at all, but my GREAT friend back in Oklahoma owns this beautiful aircraft. The C1A Trader. I've been an A&P Mechanic for almost 6yrs now and LOVE Aviation.. He let me fly his aircraft on the way back to Oklahoma from Oshkosh Airventure (largest gathering of aircraft in the world.. 10,000 aircraft show up) out of Wisconsin. Such a GREAT memory that I will cherish.

Resized_20240729_184054.jpeg
20240727_153959.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not hunting related at all, but my GREAT friend back in Oklahoma owns this beautiful aircraft. The C1A Trader. I've been an A&P Mechanic for almost 6yrs now and LOVE Aviation.. He let me fly his aircraft on the way back to Oklahoma from Oshkosh Airventure (largest gathering of aircraft in the world.. 10,000 aircraft show up) out of Wisconsin. Such a GREAT memory that I will cherish.

WOW!!!
 
If someone can explain this!!!

I'd be grateful.
1726453702891.png

Space Noodle?
1726453805645.png
 
Sharing hunting camp fires with my dad when he was still with us and capable. Him sitting far left and I'm closest to the camera. He is laughing at one of my friends being a jack ass. When he passed away, the one regret I had was not taking more pictures on our hunts all over Southern Africa. Namibia was his happy space. Two years after this photo was taken, he hunted his last antelope with me (second photo)
DSC_0173.JPG
and his health seriously deteriorated. Make memories!
Pa1.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,053
Members
169,691
Latest member
lilasemo1982
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top