Prospective professional hunter

Carlo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Carlo.

I'm 24 living in South Africa. I've been hunting for 16b years now with my father and we've been on hunting trips all over the country.

I've always had a passion for the bush and I decided that I want to take it to the next level and become a Professional Hunter in Africa.

I was thinking of doing the course at Sutherland Hunting School, I thought it best to do an apprenticeship with a well established PH.

Any advice would be welcomed

Congrats and best wishes for success on your choice for a profession.

Thank you very much, it's an exciting time with lots of questions and uncertainties

Can't offer advice, but welcome to AH!

Carlo, a fine dream! Hope it works out well for you. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Carlo,

Good Luck! Being based in RSA as you are, your best bet is probrably to begin in one of the established schools. SAWC is the most exhaustive, but all of them offer the simple PH course. I can't offer any knowledge as to which of the schools has the best/most respected program.

Giday Carlo and welcome to the A H forums. Best wishes for the P H career you are persueing.

Study hard, David is no slouch as a teacher.

Then after getting the highest score in the class start "pounding the pavement" in very country and keep going after the THOUSANDTH NO.

Good luck.

Carlo, Welcome and best of luck. I think you made a very wise decision to serve an apprenticeship. Nothing beats practical experience to go with the book learning. You can apply what you learn in class one day with field work the next or vice versa. Keep it up no matter what happens.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH, and good luck !

Welcome @Carlo! Don't be shy around here. Ask lots of questions and make some new friends. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg