Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
Hello all, I am reaching out to everyone to please send some prayers out for a very good friend and fellow officer. Off. Scherlen was responding to a routine call this morning when he was involved in a car accident. He was hit head on and trapped in the car. His patrol car had to be dismantled around him to get him out. He has a crushed pelvis, two crushed legs, and many other serious injuries. He also lost a lot of blood before he could be freed from the vehicle. He spent most of the day in surgery and has untold more ahead of him. It's likely he may never walk again. He's in stable condition but not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination. Please please keep him in your prayers as he's going to need them. For obvious reasons I cannot disclose any further details as the investigation is on going but here is a link to the press release with basically what I am allowed to release. Thank you, Erik
http://www.newschannel10.com/story/29980611/officer-involved-in-head-on-collision

Also, our police officers assoc has set up an account for donations at Amarillo National Bank. Should anyone want to donate to help he and his family pm me for details. Thanks.

Also, our police officers assoc has set up an account for donations at Amarillo National Bank. Should anyone want to donate to help he and his family pm me for details. Thanks.

Count me in on the prayers and I'm very sorry to hear this news.

Thanks Velo. It's knocked the breath out of all of us.

sorry to just read about this , gizmo .
he certainly has my prayers and best wishes for a full recovery ,mate .

Prayers Erik!

Man... Sure sorry to hear that Erik. Will be thinking & praying for him.

You have my prayers Gizmo. We are commanded " pray eye one for another" and I just the in The Lord to hold this officer in his mighty hands.

Erik, I'm very sorry to hear about your very good friend and fellow officer, my thoughts are with him and wish him a full recovery. Please keep us informed on how he is doing.

Thank you all. I will definitely keep you updated.

Gizmo
Everyone at SSI will hold him and his family in our prays....
You be safe out there ..... Its a changed world......

Thanks all, I will stop by the Hosp when I get to work and update on his condition.

Sorry to hear that Erik, wish him a full recovery.

Erik,

Sorry to hear about your friend. Thoughts and prayers.

Please keep us informed.

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. Please take care and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Very sorry about your fellow officer and friend. Our prayers and thoughts are with his family.

R.

Ok so Justin made it through the first round of surgeries, he's still intibated and unconscious. They will wait for a few days before they start again with more surgeries.

Sorry to hear of this Erik, be sure we will all be thinking of him and wishing him well and hopefully a full recovery. That's a really tough job in the best of times, but these days, in this political climate it has to be doubly tough.

Ok so Justin made it through the first round of surgeries, he's still intibated and unconscious. They will wait for a few days before they start again with more surgeries.

thanks for the update , giz.
glad his over the first hurdle , and hoping he continues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg