Politics

If Russia invades Ukraine and the Europeans put on sanctions they will lose their energy supply. So I figure another big spike in gasoline prices. I-bonds are now paying 7.1 percent interest new rate comes out in May.

And then what?
Kevin I agree whole heartedly with you. We are on a dangerous path in so many ways. I just don’t see it getting any better even if Biden were gone. Harris? I cringe to even contemplate what that might look like. And who might then become V.P.?
R’s need to take decisive control of both houses of Congress this year and then maintain control and take the white house in ‘24. And pray things are still standing.
Lord knows, most of our “R’s” ain’t nothing to write home about either.
I am beginning to wonder. They are both poor choices, but at least she isn't senile. It is bad enough making blunders on the domestic level, but blunders internationally can have huge consequences. Perhaps the answer is to just leave him in the bunker until he goes. What a mess.

If Russia invades Ukraine and the Europeans put on sanctions they will lose their energy supply. So I figure another big spike in gasoline prices. I-bonds are now paying 7.1 percent interest new rate comes out in May.

Russia has to sell petroleum products. And the rest of Europe is dependent on Gazprom. Maybe an opportunity to sell LNG which would be good for the USA, but doubtful as Russia was smart making Europe dependent on Russian gas making NATO obsolete.

During the late '30s and early 40's, in response to Japanese aggression the FDR administration put the economic squeeze on Japan. The Japanese response was military action. History shows this didn't turn out well for Japan in the short run. I doubt that the Russian leaders see any parallel to their actions and possible reactions by the "free" world. I heard one consultant on TV say that the US $ is the dominant payment system for commerce and that the US could exclude Russia from participating- the result would be a collapse of the Russian economy, which the consultant saw as an effective tool against Russian aggression. Again I point to 1940 Japan for a lesson in what happens when one country limits the options of another, particularly when self-pride is challenged.

It is clear that the current problem has been building for several years. O'bama allowed it to build, particularly with Hillary's "reset button", they were stalled a bit while Trump was in, but now with Bidet things have mobilized. It may well be past the point of no return and my observations lead me to conclude that the present administration, the military-industrial complex, and the woke is better than fierce military will not be able to determine a path that minimizes the damage. I'm not sure what the other side of the conflict will look like.

Biden does not have the stomach nor the energy for a fight. And if it happens it probably won't go well. I think this administration has accepted that Ukraine and Taiwan are lost. There will be some huff and puff and some sanctions, but that's it.

1642971273491.png

I am beginning to wonder. They are both poor choices, but at least she isn't senile. It is bad enough making blunders on the domestic level, but blunders internationally can have huge consequences. Perhaps the answer is to just leave him in the bunker until he goes. What a mess.
And isn’t that truly a sad commentary. When the best thing we can say about the V.P. is at least she isn’t senile.
I don’t know who’s calling the shots, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t Biden OR Harris. But as long as pedo Joe keeps mumbling and rambling maybe he will keep dragging the Dems et al to defeat in elections for the next few years.
Yes, what a mess.

And isn’t that truly a sad commentary. When the best thing we can say about the V.P. is at least she isn’t senile.
I don’t know who’s calling the shots, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t Biden OR Harris. But as long as pedo Joe keeps mumbling and rambling maybe he will keep dragging the Dems et al to defeat in elections for the next few years.
Yes, what a mess.
KH is such a waste of oxygen. Who’s running the show: My guess is Soros and Obama behind the scenes.
A few things scare me for ‘24. Hillary is starting to make noise, but my biggest concern would be Michele Obama. IMO, those are the only two Dems that have a shot.

1642988760969.jpeg

1642995372742.png

I can't remember a stronger example in my lifetime of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" (Biden or Harris). And you know Putin doesn't give a rat's ass which one it is.
Putin is an extremely shrewd man. It suits him down to the ground to have weak leadership in the White House. There were the dems accusing Trump of getting help from them, probably the last person Russia wanted in power. They should rather consider how Putin helped the hapless duo to win. Mind you, the dems are pretty good at screwing things up all on their own, they have a penchant for it.

Interesting 8 minute video of a cigar smoking Joe Rogan and retired US Army Lt Gen and former Trump National Security Advisor and cigar smoking, H.R. McMaster. I really like McMaster, but can't comment on his shirt selection. Looks like my grandson's pajamas. Depite that, I hope McMaster gets politically active. At a minimum, he'd raise the level of debate to a more serious conversation.

Reactions: cls
1643069696688.png

1643071148794.png

1643071870304.png

If Biden has an ounce of sense left and the Pentagon even a modicum of military strategic nous they should urgently seal the southern border, yesterday. These stupid woke liberals have been played like puppies on railway tracks, the Soros puppet master theory is credible, someone who really wants to bring the US down. And against this shrewd and ruthless machine all you now have is sippy cup and banana.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg