Politics

8AC11207-55FA-4F4F-BCF4-79BC702B7D0A.jpeg

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

deliverance.jpeg

Well, when you have 25-40 year olds living in their parents’ basements rent free or sharing an apt. with several other people, they don’t have to work much. Then add enhanced unemployment benefits and other free stimulus money and there’s no incentive to work. Their JOB becomes walking to the mailbox every week to get another free check via taxpayers and partying with the free money till the sun comes up. I have never seen anything like this before, it’s not sustainable and is destroying our economy which was never designed for this.
Yeah I hear that. I once had a neighbor whose 26 year old p.o.s. kid lived at home. My wife was off work one day and watched the kid open the garage door and back his moms car 50 feet to the curb where he got out, grabbed the mail from the mailbox, drove back into the garage and shut the door.
His parents rode together to work to save a buck. Pathetic

As far as I remember, a social experiment was conducted in Finland with a "basic income". This is not an unemployment benefit, but simply some payments to a certain target group, it does not matter whether they worked or not. The idea was to make it possible, for example, to make it easier for workers to find another job that they like, and for the unemployed to also look for a job that satisfies them, and not the first one that comes along. But it turned out that this did not change anything. Who worked-he continued to work, who did not work - and did not work.

Well, when you have 25-40 year olds living in their parents’ basements rent free or sharing an apt. with several other people, they don’t have to work much. Then add enhanced unemployment benefits and other free stimulus money and there’s no incentive to work. Their JOB becomes walking to the mailbox every week to get another free check via taxpayers and partying with the free money till the sun comes up. I have never seen anything like this before, it’s not sustainable and is destroying our economy which was never designed for this.
Something for nothing is never sustainable.

It isn't that no economy is designed for that, it's that no economy can exist without production. Production means trade. And there's no way to trade something that hasn't been produced.

re-reading, which reminds me.

I'm sick to death of hearing idiot tv people and politicians who keep trying to find "the cause of poverty."

FFS. Poverty has no cause. If one produces nothing, one will have nothing. Accumulation of things (AKA "wealth" ) is only possible when people are productive, and then only to the extent they produce more than they consume. Poverty is the natural, default state of all of mankind.

The better question to ask is "what is the source of wealth?". But they can't go there, can they. It would put the lie to almost everything they stand for.

Strictly speaking, even trade may be absent for some time (a distributive economy), but it is impossible to do without production at all. As the Apostle Paul correctly noted, " he who does not work does not eat." So in the end it turns out.
I read comments on the current situation somewhere, and one intelligent commentator suggested that all this nonsense with BLM and transgender people was launched for one purpose: to distract attention from the fact that somewhere since 2008 the middle class and below is collapsing, and all sorts of Bezos are getting richer.
Financial capital gets richer regardless of where sneakers are made - in the USA or in Malaysia, the latter is even more profitable.
Financial capital has no nationality. Although it can finance the national committee of some party.

Strictly speaking, even trade may be absent for some time (a distributive economy), but it is impossible to do without production at all. As the Apostle Paul correctly noted, " he who does not work does not eat." So in the end it turns out.
I read comments on the current situation somewhere, and one intelligent commentator suggested that all this nonsense with BLM and transgender people was launched for one purpose: to distract attention from the fact that somewhere since 2008 the middle class and below is collapsing, and all sorts of Bezos are getting richer.
Financial capital gets richer regardless of where sneakers are made - in the USA or in Malaysia, the latter is even more profitable.
Financial capital has no nationality. Although it can finance the national committee of some party.
This argument only holds when the middle class and below have no work. You don't enrich people by giving them money, you enrich them by rewarding them for work, for production. The problem now is people don't want to work and don't care about the consequences.

60EC5992-4C81-42FE-B56B-C89C4571311E.png

1628190062930.png

1628264987860.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg