Politics

I feel terrible for my nephew. He is one of the smartest kids I know, went to a top ten university, and works 7 days a week. He is having to reapply to med school. When you see the affirmative action going on, it is no wonder.

I feel terrible for my nephew. He is one of the smartest kids I know, went to a top ten university, and works 7 days a week. He is having to reapply to med school. When you see the affirmative action going on, it is no wonder.
I can relate. My oldest graduated USNA in 2013 with a BS in quantitative economics. He gets punted on a medical in '16, decides he wants to go to med school. MCAT was good, certainly good enough for any state med school. But he had to "settle" for an osteopathy school. Nothing wrong with DO if that's what somebody wants to be.

Funny enough, he doesn't really buy into a lot of the DO stuff, and they otherwise take the same course load as allopathic med students. He's leaning strongly towards a surgical residency, an unusual choice for a DO.

I can relate. My oldest graduated USNA in 2013 with a BS in quantitative economics. He gets punted on a medical in '16, decides he wants to go to med school. MCAT was good, certainly good enough for any state med school. But he had to "settle" for an osteopathy school. Nothing wrong with DO if that's what somebody wants to be.

Funny enough, he doesn't really buy into a lot of the DO stuff, and they otherwise take the same course load as allopathic med students. He's leaning strongly towards a surgical residency, an unusual choice for a DO.
Good for him not letting the system get in his way and going after what he wants. It is too bad that he was denied the opportunity to take the path that he worked toward and rightly earned. Say what you want about the younger generations, but I do not envy them in the slightest. It is a brave new world.

226146494_10158416820005914_1034745768317414426_n.jpg

If your nephew is interested in being a family practitioner, my suggestion is to skip med school and go to physicians assistant's school. It is 2 years vs 4 years, you practice upon graduation, hospitals, specialty practices, and urgent care centers are snapping them up as soon as they graduate, he'll have much (!) less debt, and he'll earn about 2/3 the salary of a family practitioner MD.

It seems that way doesn't it. Whatever happened to our HIPAA rights????
There is some speculation floating around about our health insurance policies being the subject of attack if we are not vaccinated. No Vaccination no health insurance. A measure that some of the radical control freaks would like to implement. Just like the no-fly list.

1628372899195.png

1628372957889.png

The war between MD’s and DO’s is technically over years ago. There is zero difference in there license from the state. They can practice in any hospital. Some DO schools do offer the option to get both an MD and DO. The DO’s do have different boards then the MD’s. There is alway foreign medical school if he really does not want a DO.

Their world wide mandate will not succeed. Fake deadly virus and questionable vaccines.

The war between MD’s and DO’s is technically over years ago. There is zero difference in there license from the state. They can practice in any hospital. Some DO schools do offer the option to get both an MD and DO. The DO’s do have different boards then the MD’s. There is alway foreign medical school if he really does not want a DO.
If he gets his surgical residency, he'll be a happy camper. He has 2 or 3 auditions lined up for this Fall, and he graduates next Spring.

Troll Level: Grand Master

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.