Politics

My earlier post above should have read.

Where I live now. 10,000 years ago there was 2 mile deep ice. 10,000 years is a small blip in time for the earth. The ice is gone and old growth forests exists in their place. Animals and fish live here. When a short period of time ago it was inhospitable to life.

Man did not cause that. Or accelerate it and could not have sped it up, slowed it down. Or stopped it. The energy and force of the planet and universe can not be comprehended.

Humans arrogantly assume we are an almighty being capable of conquering nature.

Water is the one dominant element. In liquid, gas or solid. It always wins. Nothing defeats water.

Scott, it’s amazing that the elites at Davos look past these “Inconvenient Truths”

Where I live there was 2 miles of ice above ground. That’s not that long ago to lose 2 mile deep ice that stretched across a very large swath.

It’s human arrogance to think the planet needs us or will miss us. Or can be harmed by us.
Planet doesn't need us.
Actually planet will be in total harmony if you take humans out of equation.
There's no doubt we're destroying the planet, climate change or not.

Feminism over facts:

1708796306209.png

Rook, you bring up a very good point. No data is free from human input or bias.

And so it appears that data mined by AI will be even more biased. AI is loaded by biased humans so will spew out what ever biases it was built with.

The future looks bleak for unbiased information getting to the masses.

One very liberal builder asked for pictures of famous or historic figures. George Washington was shown as being black. As were all other positive influencing people.

OJ Simpson shown as white.
So this is a simple example of how data and information will heavily influenced and biased by the builder.

So “climate change” models are no different

Speaking of the rarity of unbiased information, humans do a really good job with deliberate bias as well. Citizen Free Press https://citizenfreepress.com/ is a news amalgamation site in the model of Drudge Report. It uses its titles of listed articles and news reports to sell its hard right, pro Trump messaging. Some of you may have it bookmarked. I do. This morning it carries a classic piece of twofer propaganda.

The posting, in double headlines reads:
Both links should take you to the article.

What CFP does not tell its non-critical thinking readership is that the article is posted by RT. RT is a state creation of the Kremlin serving broadcast propaganda to the West. Not a word hits the press or the airwaves without the approval of Putin's government.

This little creation is designed to tap into the typical right winger's perceived opposition both environmentalism and support for Ukraine. By the way, the HIMARs, Bradleys and Leopards are doing just fine.

This represents a twofer for Putin because CFP spins the headlines to support its narrative and they essentially collude with Putin and the Russian government in spreading their anti-Ukraine messaging.

Disheartens me that so many in the Republican party unquestionably sign on to this propaganda without the slightest question or research.

Gavin Newsom said that Nikki "The Swamp chick" Haley, is a good surrogate....LOL.

Lets go Trump! Beat Nikki in her homestate!

Wouldn’t it be nice if Presidential candidate's had to definitively state or document their position on all vital matters. Then must stick to the agreed to position.

We would have an honest way to measure before voting.

Then for every transgression a serious punishment given immediately. Fines, body parts what ever is agreed to.

What do Democrat presidents all have in common?
They all turn America into an ash heap.

View attachment 589284
We did not go from 1st to 24th in 4 years.
There has been a lot of Republican Presidents in between.
Our failure in education is a lot deeper than simple politics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianneMo

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.