Politics

Nobody can beat the Trump-inator.

It will take another Democrat cheat fest.

He won't have to rely on the Democrats cheating; his mouth will do the trick. I had Fox on in the background while working on a rifle. I think I heard them say that 70% (or thereabouts) of Haley voters said they won't vote for Trump? He has alienated way too many people, and he has a lot of time left to alienate a whole lot more.

Planet doesn't need us.
Actually planet will be in total harmony if you take humans out of equation.
There's no doubt we're destroying the planet, climate change or not.
If the earth's history were compressed to 24 hours, we humans showed up at the very end of the day, about 2 or 3 minutes before midnight. It's pure arrogant sophistry to believe we're destroying the planet.

Humanity is as much a part of the earth's abundant life as any other animal. We are not gods.

He won't have to rely on the Democrats cheating; his mouth will do the trick. I had Fox on in the background while working on a rifle. I think I heard them say that 70% (or thereabouts) of Haley voters said they won't vote for Trump? He has alienated way too many people, and he has a lot of time left to alienate a whole lot more.
That assumes that the people claiming to be Haley voters are actual republicans. We know at least from the NH primaries that there was a lot of crossover.

Never forget the ideological position of the dems: they are morally superior, so anything they do is justified.

I get what you are saying. I don't believe it's just Haley voters though. I think he's alienated a bunch of folks. I just mentioned them because they were mentioned on that news segment today.

I am about to vent a little bit so sorry in advance.

I am about done with the Republican party and I am about done with a majority of the pro-lifers as well. I say this as someone is pretty pro-life, thought the overturning of Roe vs Wade was the right decision. But this IVF case in Alabama and listening to the pro-life/Christian group discuss their position with such ignorance and lack of compassion and understanding is beyond me.

Trumps statement regarding IVF and the Alabama case, is/was in my opinion, well put and articulate, one of the few things I have actually heard him say that came across as presidential, he focused on the Miracle of life. IVF provides that Miracle, it is hard, it is emotional, but it gives people a chance to experience that miracle.

However, I have seen many talking heads saying that Trump is a liberal, he is betraying the prolife movement, he is a RINO, etc. I have read the comments (which was my first mistake) and see people saying that a couple should be forced to implant non viable embryos, that IVF goes against Christian views, and only God can say if an embryo is viable and that people can naturally have an unexpected viable pregnancy. Literally, telling a women to do 100s of shots, and then go through an evasive procedure just to then have a painful (both physically and emotionally) miscarriage.

If this is the Republican party today, then we deserve every loss we get. If Trump loses some his bases because he actually is using common sense, then he is better for it.

I defies logic some of the stances the Republican party and its voters take.

And honestly, both sides of the aisle are just lazy, they read headlines in an echo chamber and don't take the time to do their due diligence and research. It's why we can't have an actual debate/conversation about anything anymore, once we get past the first couple of talking points, no one knows what to say. It shouldn't be that hard to discuss viable embryos vs a non viable embryos and how they are different and what the Alabama court ruling was trying to convey. But we have to go full on stupid when discussing it and bring it back to abortion.

Again sorry for the long post, and sorry if I insulted anyone here, it was not my intention but I also realize arguing with people in a comments section is not going to help.

Rook, you bring up a very good point. No data is free from human input or bias.

And so it appears that data mined by AI will be even more biased. AI is loaded by biased humans so will spew out what ever biases it was built with.

The future looks bleak for unbiased information getting to the masses.

One very liberal builder asked for pictures of famous or historic figures. George Washington was shown as being black. As were all other positive influencing people.

OJ Simpson shown as white.
So this is a simple example of how data and information will heavily influenced and biased by the builder.

So “climate change” models are no different

IMG-20240224-WA0004.jpg

I am about to vent a little bit so sorry in advance.

I am about done with the Republican party and I am about done with a majority of the pro-lifers as well. I say this as someone is pretty pro-life, thought the overturning of Roe vs Wade was the right decision. But this IVF case in Alabama and listening to the pro-life/Christian group discuss their position with such ignorance and lack of compassion and understanding is beyond me.

Trumps statement regarding IVF and the Alabama case, is/was in my opinion, well put and articulate, one of the few things I have actually heard him say that came across as presidential, he focused on the Miracle of life. IVF provides that Miracle, it is hard, it is emotional, but it gives people a chance to experience that miracle.

However, I have seen many talking heads saying that Trump is a liberal, he is betraying the prolife movement, he is a RINO, etc. I have read the comments (which was my first mistake) and see people saying that a couple should be forced to implant non viable embryos, that IVF goes against Christian views, and only God can say if an embryo is viable and that people can naturally have an unexpected viable pregnancy. Literally, telling a women to do 100s of shots, and then go through an evasive procedure just to then have a painful (both physically and emotionally) miscarriage.

If this is the Republican party today, then we deserve every loss we get. If Trump loses some his bases because he actually is using common sense, then he is better for it.

I defies logic some of the stances the Republican party and its voters take.

And honestly, both sides of the aisle are just lazy, they read headlines in an echo chamber and don't take the time to do their due diligence and research. It's why we can't have an actual debate/conversation about anything anymore, once we get past the first couple of talking points, no one knows what to say. It shouldn't be that hard to discuss viable embryos vs a non viable embryos and how they are different and what the Alabama court ruling was trying to convey. But we have to go full on stupid when discussing it and bring it back to abortion.

Again sorry for the long post, and sorry if I insulted anyone here, it was not my intention but I also realize arguing with people in a comments section is not going to help.

Sounds like the extreme views. They’re generally the ones you hear about most yet the least supported.
Was actually thinking about IVF as a bad thing from a Christian viewpoint about 12 months back and now im hearing that view more and more. Probably the path my wife and i will have to take (actually looking to do a third person doner, it’s some weird thing where the mitochondrial dna is from a third person, the rest is from wife and I) due to her having a mito inherited disease.

We did not go from 1st to 24th in 4 years.
There has been a lot of Republican Presidents in between.
Our failure in education is a lot deeper than simple politics.
You are correct, it’s a complicated matter.

The primary reason for collapsing test scores and our terrible public school system is the teachers unions putting teachers before education.

We need 100% school vouchers. To drive competition. Inter city kids don’t stand a chance.

Between math is racist nonsense.
To a father being arrested for protesting at a school board meeting because they covered up his daughter’s rape in a bathroom by a known rapist. He later won his lawsuit.

Another example of the collapse of our society is poor education

Sounds like the extreme views. They’re generally the ones you hear about most yet the least supported.
Was actually thinking about IVF as a bad thing from a Christian viewpoint about 12 months back and now im hearing that view more and more. Probably the path my wife and i will have to take (actually looking to do a third person doner, it’s some weird thing where the mitochondrial dna is from a third person, the rest is from wife and I) due to her having a mito inherited disease.

Very sorry to hear that. I hope the procedure is successful for you!

To the Alabama in vitro fertilization decision, the Alabama legislature is trying to put together a bill to alleviate the problem, I don’t have much confidence in that but we will see.
University of Alabama at Birmingham and the University of South Alabamas decision to stop any in vitro fertilization were totally political, our local radio shows which are actually pretty good looked into the decision pretty deeply and interpreted it as you can’t intentionally destroy an embryo and says there is nothing in the decision that prohibits the implant in a woman. Of course they could very well be wron.

If the earth's history were compressed to 24 hours, we humans showed up at the very end of the day, about 2 or 3 minutes before midnight. It's pure arrogant sophistry to believe we're destroying the planet.

Humanity is as much a part of the earth's abundant life as any other animal. We are not gods.
We are definitely a lot different than animals in many ways.
We are able to manipulate our environment in any way we like, including raising food and extracting materials.
We are not gods but we are very close to it on this planet.

We are able to manipulate our environment in any way we like, including raising food and extracting materials.
I am far more a Deist than dogmatist (love alliteration), but the Bible is always good for a 2500 year old quote or two, depending who actually penned Genesis. Goes right to that God thing as well.

Genesis 1-26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

We are still animals, we can manipulate our environment but so do other animals, over abundance of snow geese on their tundra breeding grounds, elephant destroying woodlands where they are overpopulated to beavers damming waterways turning creek bottoms into ponds and lakes.

I am far more a Deist than dogmatist (love alliteration), but the Bible is always good for a 2500 year old quote or two, depending who actually penned Genesis. Goes right to that God thing as well.
@Red Leg , there is no one else whose posts make me look up the meaning of words that I should already know! :)

And now I know that I am also a Deist ! :)

You are probably right and there is a distinct possibility it could just be trolls. But man some of the extreme viewpoints are really discouraging.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey. I look forward to someday hearing your success story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DesmondJar

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.