Politics

No British Challengers headed to Poland?
The Polish are getting Abrams but also have purchased almost 200 South Korean K2 Black Panther tanks. This purchase agreement also allows for an adapted version of the tank, the K2PL to be produced in Poland. In fact some of the Korean tanks have already been delivered to Poland.

And on the homefront, we have an administration trying to appoint a diversity hire to the federal bench who doesn't know what Articles II and V of the US constitution are about.

:Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And on the homefront, we have an administration trying to appoint a diversity hire to the federal bench who doesn't know what Articles II and V of the US constitution are about.

:Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Another shining example of a graduate of one of the law schools that spend the entire time studying questions/answers on the BAR exam, but teaching nothing about law, history or life.

She probably missed the lectures on Articles II and V in order to attend a bisexual women’s intersectional protest. Whatever that is.

Also, if they spent their time studying q&a on the Bar exam….surely Articles II and V are on it??? Right??? I probably don’t want to know. Nevermind.

Maybe my math is outdated, but the General is saying that 31 tanks is a Battalion and it is insufficient- that a division is needed. when I was in, there were three battalions to a regiment, three regiments to a division; So, 31 x 3 x 3 = 279. so is the administrations goal to send 279 Abrams to Ukraine?

Maybe my math is outdated, but the General is saying that 31 tanks is a Battalion and it is insufficient- that a division is needed. when I was in, there were three battalions to a regiment, three regiments to a division; So, 31 x 3 x 3 = 279. so is the administrations goal to send 279 Abrams to Ukraine?
Interesting?

She probably missed the lectures on Articles II and V in order to attend a bisexual women’s intersectional protest. Whatever that is.

Also, if they spent their time studying q&a on the Bar exam….surely Articles II and V are on it??? Right??? I probably don’t want to know. Nevermind.
At a minimum, I'd expect a practicing attorney to be able to provide a 10 - 15 word synopsis of each of articles I - V.

For that matter, I'd expect the same of anyone who's taken high school civics. A lawyer should be able to recite verbatim something like Art I Sec 8 Subsection 5.

At a minimum, I'd expect a practicing attorney to be able to provide a 10 - 15 word synopsis of each of articles I - V.

For that matter, I'd expect the same of anyone who's taken high school civics. A lawyer should be able to recite verbatim something like Art I Sec 8 Subsection 5.

In her defense, not sure that I could do that either, without reviewing before hand. That said, she was poorly prepped on the questions expected to be asked.

Here’s how federal district judge are appointed. A lawyer applies for the appointment. Each state has a committee that recommends a group of candidates for appointment(s) from the applicant pool. From the pool the White House selects the one(s) they want to interview. The FBI does a background investigation on the applicant(s) forwarded to the White House. Then the White House makes the appointment and the appointment is sent to the Senate for confirmation. Generally, they want someone in their 40’s as to make sure the government get their 20 years before they take Senior status. This was set up to (1) keep out pure political crony appointments and (2) dead wood.

As far a law school, frankly I took a mental dump after each course unless it was a two semester course. And I think most of my classmates did too.

When I was in law school I took three kinds of course. (1) 1st Year required (2) bar exam courses (3) courses that I could make a living from. The only exception was Law of the European Union which was my thesis course.

Last edited:
In her defense, not sure that I could do that either, without reviewing before hand. That said, she was poorly prepped on the questions expected to be asked.

Here’s how federal district judge are appointed. A lawyer applies for the appointment. Each state has a committee that recommends a group of candidates for appointment(s) from the applicant pool. Form the pool the White House selects the one(s) they want to interview. The FBI does a background investigation on the applicant(s) forwarded to the White House. Then the White House makes the appointment and the appointment is sent to the Senate for confirmation. Generally, they want someone in their 40’s as to make sure the government get their 20 years before they take Senior status. This was set up to (1) keep out pure political crony appointments and (2) dead wood.

As far a law school, frankly I took a mental dump after each course unless it was a two semester course. And I think most of my classmates did too.

When I was in law school I took three kinds of course. (1) 1st Year required (2) bar exam courses (3) courses that I could make a living from. The only exception was Law of the European Union which was my thesis course.
that's depressing.

would be sorta like somebody in IT not knowing what TCP/IP or DNS was. i wouldn't expect an infrastructure or helpdesk guy to know how to pull of a sql injection attack, but that's also a bit far removed from the fundamentals of networking.

like i said, it's just high school civics.

legislative powers
executive powers
judicial powers
full faith and credit
how to amend the constitution.

it ain't rocket science.

that's depressing.

would be sorta like somebody in IT not knowing what TCP/IP or DNS was. i wouldn't expect an infrastructure or helpdesk guy to know how to pull of a sql injection attack, but that's also a bit far removed from the fundamentals of networking.

like i said, it's just high school civics.

legislative powers
executive powers
judicial powers
full faith and credit
how to amend the constitution.

it ain't rocket science.

Well she should have been able to identify each of the articles. She was not prepared on the what each article was, much less the contents of each.

But as others have said, she will be confirmed.

I suspect that 80 year old dimwit that has been in government his entire life would not be able to answer the questions and by whatever means if he can get to be president- there's not much in the way of expectations for any other applicant.

We have that same syndrome up here in remote communities. Demands of "racial equity" in staffing technical positions, often with little or no training, yielding suboptimal outcomes.

I like how you use the phrase ‘suboptimal’, understated to the extreme!

Interesting?
Regrettably no. However, the total number of leopards promised will be close to that. This was a move to give the Germans some cover to release the Leo’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg