Politics

Are you guys tracking the ‘Pelosi’ bill? This is absolutely hilarious. How do the cretans vote against it? They’d literally be saying, ‘no, we’d like to continue with our insider trading, thank you very much!’

The asshole know it alls are at it again.....fkn hell.....

we in the Uk are facing strange times

Oxford Council (not to be confused with the Uni) are imposing restrictions on travel

new ‘pass laws’ are being implemented where people will be restricted in the number of times they travel outside their residential areas and how often they may fly

As I type this I am struggling to believe it, but in essence, this is the brave new world we might be entering

Huxley - how prophetic

PS - I will check my facts as I can’t really believe that this can be implemented

Last edited:
SA prison on the left and state Hospital on the right.
DISGUSTING!

318153766_10228422403281352_9029344367773079352_n.jpg

Are you guys tracking the ‘Pelosi’ bill? This is absolutely hilarious. How do the cretans vote against it? They’d literally be saying, ‘no, we’d like to continue with our insider trading, thank you very much!’

our politicians are shameless... they will vote against it.. and then present some BS excuse that tells low-information voters that the bill was something it was not..

Whatever one thinks of the Ukraine war, it is obviously a tragedy not only for the Ukrainians but also for the Russians. It seems very clear to me that the Russians have been forced to a stalemate; Russia is no longer in command of the situation, able to dictate the tempo of operations, which has been ceeded to the supplier of tanks and other ordnance - primarily the United States and Germany (the Germans assuming an oversized importance out of proportion to their general uselessness). In fact, the Americans are now in a prime position either to end the war tomorrow or to let it continue as they wish, simply by regulating the flow of arms to the Ukrainians.

I was musing on this while I was reading two articles on the 'Meduza' website. The first is an estimate that 80% of the prisoner-recruits to the Wagner mercenary force have already been killed:
https://meduza.io/en/news/2023/01/2...up-s-losses-80-percent-of-50k-inmate-recruits

The second is an interview with such a recruit (previously a petty criminal and murderer): https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/01/24/wagner-opened-the-door-for-me The takeaways to me from this article were these quotations:

According to Bogdanov, on July 31, after a week of training, he and some other inmates (by his account, about 200 people) were sent to Ukraine’s Luhansk region. His “job” there, he tells me, consisted of “napping, sleeping, and moving forward.” “We were prepared, but we weren’t prepared to get pounded like that,” he tells me. “When [a shell] comes flying out of nowhere, goddamn! It’s hard to last even one day out there. There were people who didn’t even make it 24 hours. You have to think hard about every step you take.”

In total, Bogdanov spent eight days on the battlefield. On the evening of August 7, Ukrainian troops began firing at his position from tanks. He saw a bright flash in the darkness, and immediately afterwards, a piece of shrapnel severed his leg at the shin, leaving it hanging by a tendon.
[my emphasis]

Well, so what, you might say - the man is a criminal and certainly not deserving of a great deal of sympathy. I wouldn't disagree. The tragedy for Russia is that this war is unwinnable; if the Germans (and the rest of the useless Western Europeans) are not going to prevent the Russians from winning this war, the Americans, British, and the Central Europeans certainly are. Meanwhile, a generation of Russian men is being fed into the meat-grinder, and the Russian economy is being destroyed by sanctions and divestment. Unlike the Ukraine, it seems unlikely that anyone is going to be in any hurry to rebuild the Russian economy afterwards.

Personally, I'd be interested if anyone has come across any average life expectancy figures for the combatants in this war.

McCarthy has been a pleasant surprise. Not sure if some of this is the gang of 20 holding his feet to the fire or if he would have come out this strong to begin with. What ever the reason my hats off.

McCarthy has been a pleasant surprise. Not sure if some of this is the gang of 20 holding his feet to the fire or if he would have come out this strong to begin with. What ever the reason my hats off.

Great to hear a Congressman with balls!

Philip Venter

There are many in the ANC who would never cross the line and accept state money, yet Magashule [a proven corrupt state captured criminal] has effectively given the vultures his blessing.

South Africans who have for years resisted the admittedly bleak verdict on the governing party — that it’s effectively dead as an ethical organization — will have been forced to reassess their position this week.

What will have tipped the scales is the statement by ANC secretary-general Ace Magashule, when he was asked last week about the mounting scandal of family members of politicians benefiting from the Covid-19 emergency procurement rules — including his own sons, Tshepiso and Thato.

"Tell me of one leader of the ANC who has not done business with government," he replied.

In that sentence — factually inaccurate as it is — the man who, for all intents and purposes, is the ANC’s CEO, sounded the death knell for any hope that the party might be able to haul itself out of the grave it has dug.

There are many in the ANC who would never cross the line and accept state money, yet Magashule has effectively given the vultures his blessing.

That his remarks came days after President Cyril Ramaphosa said office bearers should not pass on "inside information about opportunities to our families and friends" didn’t seem to matter to Magashule at all
No consequence is likely.

It was as clear a sign as any that the ANC is entirely ethically unmoored; Magashule just delivered the eulogy.

325790415_723312109458365_6536950249197996219_n.jpg

Change the narrative.

Running a flag up a pole to see if it can gain transaction.

1674673473419.png

Whatever one thinks of the Ukraine war, it is obviously a tragedy not only for the Ukrainians but also for the Russians. It seems very clear to me that the Russians have been forced to a stalemate; Russia is no longer in command of the situation, able to dictate the tempo of operations, which has been ceeded to the supplier of tanks and other ordnance - primarily the United States and Germany (the Germans assuming an oversized importance out of proportion to their general uselessness). In fact, the Americans are now in a prime position either to end the war tomorrow or to let it continue as they wish, simply by regulating the flow of arms to the Ukrainians.

I was musing on this while I was reading two articles on the 'Meduza' website. The first is an estimate that 80% of the prisoner-recruits to the Wagner mercenary force have already been killed:
https://meduza.io/en/news/2023/01/2...up-s-losses-80-percent-of-50k-inmate-recruits

The second is an interview with such a recruit (previously a petty criminal and murderer): https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/01/24/wagner-opened-the-door-for-me The takeaways to me from this article were these quotations:

According to Bogdanov, on July 31, after a week of training, he and some other inmates (by his account, about 200 people) were sent to Ukraine’s Luhansk region. His “job” there, he tells me, consisted of “napping, sleeping, and moving forward.” “We were prepared, but we weren’t prepared to get pounded like that,” he tells me. “When [a shell] comes flying out of nowhere, goddamn! It’s hard to last even one day out there. There were people who didn’t even make it 24 hours. You have to think hard about every step you take.”

In total, Bogdanov spent eight days on the battlefield. On the evening of August 7, Ukrainian troops began firing at his position from tanks. He saw a bright flash in the darkness, and immediately afterwards, a piece of shrapnel severed his leg at the shin, leaving it hanging by a tendon.
[my emphasis]

Well, so what, you might say - the man is a criminal and certainly not deserving of a great deal of sympathy. I wouldn't disagree. The tragedy for Russia is that this war is unwinnable; if the Germans (and the rest of the useless Western Europeans) are not going to prevent the Russians from winning this war, the Americans, British, and the Central Europeans certainly are. Meanwhile, a generation of Russian men is being fed into the meat-grinder, and the Russian economy is being destroyed by sanctions and divestment. Unlike the Ukraine, it seems unlikely that anyone is going to be in any hurry to rebuild the Russian economy afterwards.

Personally, I'd be interested if anyone has come across any average life expectancy figures for the combatants in this war.
I wish we could end it tomorrow, and perhaps we could have, had the administration not been so petrified of upsetting Putin. The tank announcement is great news, but will take time to have an effect on the battlefield - probably till summer. The US tanks will be the export variant of the M1 which will be refurbished by General Dynamics. It will have far superior target acquisition and sighting systems than anything on any Russian tank. However, they will not carry our depleted Uranium armor. We have never lost a US configured Abrams to enemy fire (goes back to the First Gulf War). These M1's will be a bit more vulnerable but should be just as lethal.

The President, using his usual gibberish, announced we would send a battalion's worth - 31. That is sort of true. A US armor battalion normally is configured with two tank companies (30) and an AFV equipped mech infantry company. A true, pure armor battalion would be 46 - 50 depending on TOE.

My professional estimate is that ideally Ukraine needs approximately 4 NATO equipped brigades to achieve a decisive breakthrough on a couple of axes of advance. A US brigade combat team would consist of 87 Abrams, 152 Bradley IFVs, 18 M109 howitzers plus support troops. I think it unlikely that NATO can generate nearly 350 Abrams, Leo 2, and Challengers much less 600+ Bradleys and Marders. Two brigades probably is doable which might be sufficient to force a favorable negotiated outcome assuming a successful offensive along a single primary axis of advance.

And yes, this war is an absolute tragedy for Russia. Rather than the occupation of Kyiv being the crowning achievement of twenty years of Russian military reorganization and ground force development, it has become a funeral pyre into which both a generation's worth of concepts and equipment have been immolated. Rather than signaling the reemergence of a powerful Russia on the doorstep of Western Europe it has achieved the NATOization of Finland and Sweden on the doorstep of Russia. Rather than creating a powerful anti-Western alliance with China, Russia finds itself the ever more weakened and embarrassing dependent of its Chinese "partner."

I am certain that Russia is approaching a quarter of a million total casualties in this conflict. Almost that many more young, educated men have fled the country rather than serve. This too represents a generational loss, that will be extremely difficult to overcome - a situation that will only grow worse with each passing day.

Economically, the Russian people as a whole have never been farther from the gates of a first world standard of living since WWII.

(1) Not sure if sending the M1 is a good idea or not, we may need those for Taiwan. But economically speaking the Challenger 1 tank would seem to make more "cents." Quoting from another post: "Jordan has recently retired its fleet of around 400 British Challenger 1 tanks, enough to supply Ukraine with the entire fleet it needs."

(2) I really don't blame the Germans for not helping, they will be dependent once again after the war is over on cheap Russian gas. And of course we will provide their defense against Russia who will no longer be any threat for years, and hasn't been for years, as long as the oligarchs are getting super rich. Of course, except of a nuclear first strike, but again unlikely as long as those in power keep getting rich.

[my emphasis]

This sounds like Germany at the end of WW2. They were scavenging any live body they could, old men, kids, women and throwing them into combat. Looks like Russia is doing about the same. If they keep on they will run out of bodies to feed the meat grinder.

As a NATO partner, Poland will be purchasing our latest M1A2 SEPv3 with the US standard armor. These will replace both their T72's and Leopards, all of which have been committed to Ukraine.

As a NATO partner, Poland will be purchasing our latest M1A2 SEPv3 with the US standard armor. These will replace both their T72's and Leopards, all of which have been committed to Ukraine.

No British Challengers headed to Poland?

No British Challengers headed to Poland?
None. No disrespect to the Challenger, but if you are going to spend a billion + dollars on a complement of world class tanks it will either be the latest M1 or the latest Leopard. If "world class" isn't important you buy Russian T72's which run a third the cost. The British only have 227 Challengers and only 150 of them will be modernized to the new Challenger 3 standard. That means that the support chain, particularly adequate spares, will be an issue from day one with the British tank. The US on the other hand has approximately 4800 Abrams of which 4400 are operated by the US Army (active and reserve component). Another 1500 belong to the Egyptians and the Saudis. In other words there is a well established supply infrastructure for the American tank. A US military sales deal will include both logistics support and training on the new platform.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois